Greencard and deportation

if you commit seriuos crime they will deport anyone even if he/she has US citizinship. if you are not born here . it doesnt mater u got greencard or passport .u dont have the same privelige as born citizen .

Last edited by a moderator:
the fact is that every immigrant need to put himself inside a virtual circle :
inside the circle what's you allowed to do..and outside the circle what's not allow to do.
we need to be physically and mentally fit and discipline.

I agree, this guys was arrested because he broke the law, he is a criminal, nobody can carry a gun without a license, even a senator cannot carry a gun without a license, if so believe me he will go to Jail.

So nothing to worry or freak out about, if you dont break the law there should not be any fear.

Thanks

No comments.
Probably they guy expects to send them a bunch of flowers? Came to a land that has rules like other lands and then do stuff against rules.
he should postpone the crime for the time he is too old and when they deport him back he can become a king in his land.(That is a good Idea)

I agree with you guys that my comments were not enough to reflect what I had in mind, and sorry about that.
In other treads when we debated about renewing national passport, there were individuals who argued that greencard is permanent decision. And I argued that it is one step beyond I-94 and people should be careful in what they do.
Now I am not sympathetic with Jama and what he did. But look what unraveled all his case., just having an illegal possession of a gun. Look at the difference; if he were a citizen, the government would have pressed charges, but he was never deported to country that he had been away for over a decades. So what I am saying is: as greencard holders, each decision we make has a double consequence. Example, if a greencard holder decides to rob a bank, not only will he face a criminal charge which he/she will serve but also we will be deported. I am not saying that robbing is good in any situation, but as greencardholders we should be careful of the double penalty.

GrassRoot said:
Faysal,

Thank you for this posting. ANY information posted is shared and is beneficial to everybody.

Thanks GrassRoots for understanding. My purpose for posting this was educational. You post is welcomed and it is the kind of response I was expecting. Again many thanks to your understanding...

Lazerthegreat said:
thanks man! As a result of your post, "robbing a bank" is no longer in the list of my future activities.... :D

Just do it after you get your citizenship, so deportation will be more difficult. :p

Unbelievable

Faysal:

First of all, Nebed!

Unfortunately, the purpose of your posting was not "educational" but was intended to confuse and create irrational fear by making unfounded and wild-fetched connections. This is not Berbera, Mogadishu or Baidoa, for that matter. There are prescribed rules on what happens for explicitly written criminal acts. I assume, based on your lecture above, you are now lumping and equating the renewal of NP with prescribed criminal conducts (assault and battery; illegal possession of a hand gun; bank robbery)? Great job!

I would have expected that you would have shown some "nahariis" and commented that the outrageous consequences of the 1996 law that resulted in the travesty that led to the deportation of Mr. Jama should be rectified by legislative change or legal advocacy. But no, you wanted to use that to create fear on other conduct that has not been prescribed as criminal conduct. It shows that you need further education to get used to how things are run in our adopted homeland.

Cheerio

faysal said:
Thanks GrassRoots for understanding. My purpose for posting this was educational. You post is welcomed and it is the kind of response I was expecting. Again many thanks to your understanding...

TortFeasor said:
Faysal:

First of all, Nebed!

Unfortunately, the purpose of your posting was not "educational" but was intended to confuse and create irrational fear by making unfounded and wild-fetched connections. This is not Berbera, Mogadishu or Baidoa, for that matter. There are prescribed rules on what happens for explicitly written criminal acts. I assume, based on your lecture above, you are now lumping and equating the renewal of NP with prescribed criminal conducts (assault and battery; illegal possession of a hand gun; bank robbery)? Great job!

I would have expected that you would have shown some "nahariis" and commented that the outrageous consequences of the 1996 law that resulted in the travesty that led to the deportation of Mr. Jama should be rectified by legislative change or legal advocacy. But no, you wanted to use that to create fear on other conduct that has not been prescribed as criminal conduct. It shows that you need further education to get used to how things are run in our adopted homeland.

Cheerio

You are entitled to express your opinion. I respect that and love it.

faysal said:
I agree with you guys that my comments were not enough to reflect what I had in mind, and sorry about that.
In other treads when we debated about renewing national passport, there were individuals who argued that greencard is permanent decision. And I argued that it is one step beyond I-94 and people should be careful in what they do.
Now I am not sympathetic with Jama and what he did. But look what unraveled all his case., just having an illegal possession of a gun. Look at the difference; if he were a citizen, the government would have pressed charges, but he was never deported to country that he had been away for over a decades. So what I am saying is: as greencard holders, each decision we make has a double consequence. Example, if a greencard holder decides to rob a bank, not only will he face a criminal charge which he/she will serve but also we will be deported. I am not saying that robbing is good in any situation, but as greencardholders we should be careful of the double penalty.

HELLO HELLO ,IS ANYONE THERE DOES NOT KNOW THAT????
OFCOURSE A SERIOUS CRIME
OR A FELONY LEADS TO THE REMOVAL FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT A CITIZEN. A GREEN CARD,
AND THEN SUBSEQUENTLY CITISENSHIP ARE A PRIVILEGE NOT RIGHTS. SO IF U ARE A
CRIMINAL U GET REMOVED FROM THE COUNTRY. UNLESS IF YOU HAVE VERY VERY STRONG
FAMILY TIES OR A U.S CITIZEN MOTHER , FATHER OR WIFE AND A VERY VERY GOOD
ATTORNEY (YOU MAY BE GRANTED A CANCELLATION OF REMOVAL.)HOWEVER YOU STILL GO TO
PRISON FOR A LONG TIME.
THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW THAT ROBBING A BANK OR KILLING
OR ANY SERIOUS CRIME IS LEADING TO A DEPORTATION ,THEN THEY ARE RETARD OR
STUPID SO THEY NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP. OR MAYBE YOU FAYCAL CAN BE THEIR SHRINK FOR FREE.

Last edited by a moderator: