green card

amit didwania

Hi,

I came US at B2 Visitor Visa in July 2010. I got married with an US citizen in october and a week latter I filed for green card, means my wife applied I-130 and I applied I-485 and I-765. I got receipt from USCIS that my application is accepted and after one and half month I went through Boimetric.

I want to know that my I-94 is going to expire in january and I have not received letter for green card interview yet, in this situation what should I do. Am I eligible to stay here if my I-94 expires and I do not get letter for interview until then? Or I sholuld apply for Visa Extention?

Authentic reply would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Amit

You will be fine as long as you do not travel out of the USA until you receive the green card in the mail. It does not matter if your I 94 expires, and you do not need to apply for Visa extension. But It is important that you DO NOT TRAVEL ABROAD.

You will be fine as long as you do not travel out of the USA until you receive the green card in the mail. It does not matter if your I 94 expires, and you do not need to apply for Visa extension. But It is important that you DO NOT TRAVEL ABROAD.

Incorrect.

The OP has never been out of status or overstayed and can travel anytime with a AP with no problems.
With a pending I-485 any overstay after I-94 expiration is protected.

Hi,

I came US at B2 Visitor Visa in July 2010. I got married with an US citizen in october and a week latter I filed for green card, means my wife applied I-130 and I applied I-485 and I-765. I got receipt from USCIS that my application is accepted and after one and half month I went through Boimetric.

I want to know that my I-94 is going to expire in january and I have not received letter for green card interview yet, in this situation what should I do. Am I eligible to stay here if my I-94 expires and I do not get letter for interview until then? Or I sholuld apply for Visa Extention?

Authentic reply would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Amit

Also be prepared to explain the change of intent from the time you claimed the Visitor status to adjust status as a LPR.
If they suspect you that you had the intention all along to come to US under false pretense and got married they could deny the I-485 and ask you to get Consualr processing, go in there well prepared.

Incorrect.

The OP has never been out of status or overstayed and can travel anytime with a AP with no problems.
With a pending I-485 any overstay after I-94 expiration is protected.

Yes of course, but he did not say that he had applied for an AP. only 485 and 765. its important not to travel without one.

Yes of course, but he did not say that he had applied for an AP. only 485 and 765. its important not to travel without one.

Could you please explain what is OP and AP? I don't need to travel outside US until I get my Green Card. I want to Know that I can stay here after expiration of my I-94 or not? If I can stay until the interview for Green Card I will go forward to cancel my return flight ticket...Should I cancel my return ticket or not??? I have my return ticket one week before my I-94 expires.

OP = Original Poster...in this case...you
AP = Advance Parole ... a document that allowed AOS applicants to travel internationally and return while their AOS is being processed

You can stay beyond the expirty of your I-94 since you are an AOS applicant.

Could you please explain what is OP and AP? I want to Know that I can stay here after expiration of my I-94 or not?

A green card is a card which gives a person the authorization to live and work in the United States of America on a persistent basis. It is the name given to the United states Permanent Resident Card.