green card was stolen

ban_may22

Registered Users (C)
im so sad my green card was stolen...i had my green card in my purse an they stole my purse...wat shud i do?i recieve a letter of notification for my interview no date yet...ut saYS that i need my birth certificate for my interview...pls help advice me pls

You should file a police report and file I-90 for replacement green card. At the interview, you can produce the receipt notice showing that you applied for a replacemnet in lieu of the actual green card. You need to take a copy of the GC as well.

During my Oath ceremony a few days ago (Seattle office), somone said that they had lost their Greencard. Yet they still allowed her to go through Oath and gave her Naturalization Certificate. All they told her was that if you do find it, send it back to us.

Maybe you get lucky, get a nice IO who just let it slide and you can continue with interview and citizenship proccess.

File a police report first then hope for a nice IO. if you have a copy of the lost GC take your chance, that copy & the police report will help you in the interview as you will have less hassle as most IOs understand the long process in replacing a GC. Good luck.

You should file a police report and file I-90 for replacement green card. At the interview, you can produce the receipt notice showing that you applied for a replacemnet in lieu of the actual green card. You need to take a copy of the GC as well.

thank you so much for the information...i got my police report and i have a appointment to USCIS on monday so i will tell all to the officer..i had my green card copies and some information..Wish me Luck..i really want to pass the interview and go to philippines...thnks so much

info pass

I WENT TO SACRAMENTO LAST MONDAY..I ASKED THEM IF I NEED TO REPLACE MY GREENCARD AND THE OFFICER TOLD ME THAT IM FINE AND I TOLD THAT I FILED MY CITIZENSHIP AND RECIEVED A LETTER SHE SAID THAT IF I RECIEVE THE ACTUAL INTERVIEW, ILL SHOW MY POLICE REPORT STATING THAT SOMEONE STOLE MY PURSE..THANKS GOD..:dGOD IS GOOD SO IN JUST SO HAPPY THAT MY PROBLEM WAS SOLVED...iM JUST WAITING FOR MY INTEVIEW:d SO THANKS TO ALL OF U :d:d :)