Green Card Tracker ...... Please share your timeline and Service Centers

sweetevil007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I filed i485 on the basis of grant of asylum 1 year ago.
I filed i485 with TSC on the 1st of aug 2011.I had my finger prints done on the 11th of september. Since then i have not had any updates until a few days ago. I called the USCIS and i was told that my case was sent to FBI for finger print and name check on 8th of Dec 2011. I called the FBI and was told that my finger prints were cleared the same day of the FP appointment at USCIS but name check is pending. Today i got an appointment through info pass and was told that my name check is cleared but still my case is in the back ground check. he also told me that they last worked on the 25th of Jan 2012 on my file, the officer told me that i should be getting a decision in 60 days.. I am hoping for the best,
Friends please share your time lines and your experiences of getting Greened or still pending with USCIS..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I filed i485 on the basis of grant of asylum 1 year ago.
I filed i485 with TSC on the 1st of aug 2011.I had my finger prints done on the 11th of september. Since then i have not had any updates until a few days ago. I called the USCIS and i was told that my case was sent to FBI for finger print and name check on 8th of Dec 2011. I called the FBI and was told that my finger prints were cleared the same day of the FP appointment at USCIS but name check is pending. Today i got an appointment through info pass and was told that my name check is cleared but still my case is in the back ground check. he also told me that they last worked on the 25th of Jan 2012 on my file, the officer told me that i should be getting a decision in 60 days.. I am hoping for the best,
Friends please share your time lines and your experiences of getting Greened or still pending with USCIS..

Your application is still within the processing time. All three service centers have their own background check units. According to what the infopass officer told you, your file seems to be with the background check unit adjudicator and might be routed to the application adjudicator as soon as your file gets cleared.

Keep in mind that USCIS does 4 types of background checks for I-485 application.
1. Fingerprint check done by FBI
2. IBIS name check done by USCIS
3. FBI name check done by FBI
4. Internal administrative background check done by USCIS

Your application can't be adjudicated until all the above checks are complete.

thanks for your reply.

thanks for your reply asylum.
Lets start a i485 asylum based GC tracker.... And by the way asylum when u got your green card did u get a interview call or u just got the card and also for how many years it was valid for ?

thanks for your reply asylum.
Lets start a i485 asylum based GC tracker.... And by the way asylum when u got your green card did u get a interview call or u just got the card and also for how many years it was valid for ?

I got the card without an interview and it was valid for 10 years.
There is already an I-485 asylum based tracker on this forum. Many people shared their experiences. Check it out.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?311818-I-485-Tracker

Hi Sweetevil,

My receipt date for GC was 1 September, 2011. Fingerprint on first week of August. My online status has not propagated from "Initial Review". My processing center is TSC add well. I have heard that the processing has not exceeded the normal timeframe. Therefore, I have not made any inquiry yet, but do you recommend I should?

Best,

Dev

Hi Sweetevil,

My receipt date for GC was 1 September, 2011. Fingerprint on first week of August. My online status has not propagated from "Initial Review". My processing center is TSC add well. I have heard that the processing has not exceeded the normal timeframe. Therefore, I have not made any inquiry yet, but do you recommend I should?

Best,

Dev

Well as per the info pass officer he told me the more you inquire about it the more pressure it put on the service centers... I dont know about anyone else but yeh im on that

Your application is still within the processing time. All three service centers have their own background check units. According to what the infopass officer told you, your file seems to be with the background check unit adjudicator and might be routed to the application adjudicator as soon as your file gets cleared.

Keep in mind that USCIS does 4 types of background checks for I-485 application.
1. Fingerprint check done by FBI
2. IBIS name check done by USCIS
3. FBI name check done by FBI
4. Internal administrative background check done by USCIS

Your application can't be adjudicated until all the above checks are complete.

I filed in the last week of July 2011 Texas Service Center, called today to inquire about it since its more than 6 months.Spoke to L2 officer and he said normally the asylum based green card takes anywhere from 6 months to 12 months. But then he said my "background check" is still pending. He said i cant file a service request until its completed.

Assylum, is background check the same as Fbi name check? It didnt take that long to get cleared when i was an asylum applicant, not sure what's holding it now.

Approved I think.... what's ADIT

Guys,

Today my online status changed to read the following:

On January 31, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

What is ADIT processing? How long does it take approximately until I receive my GC?

Thank you,

Dev

Gjmynf

Guys,

On January 31, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

What is ADIT processing? How long does it take approximately until I receive my GC?

Thank you,

Dev

This means that you are approved and you will receive the card soon if they have your recent biometrics in their system. Congratulations.

Assylum, is background check the same as Fbi name check? It didnt take that long to get cleared when i was an asylum applicant, not sure what's holding it now.

This is not always the same as the name check. This might be an administrative background check that is usually run by the background check unit at the service center or HQ or it might also mean that your file is in the queue waiting to be assigned to an adjudicator.

Make an infopass appointment and ask your congressman to inquire about your case.

Guys,

Thank you,

Dev

Congrats...enjoy your green life :)...oh and was it Texas Service center?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Thank you,

Dev

Hey Congrats ,
yes asylum is right you have been approved and i am very much sure that you ll get your green card in less then 60 days... Enjoy the green life my friend.
Please do update us when you get your green card in hand... Good Luck and God bless you may all your dreams come true...

This means that you are approved and you will receive the card soon if they have your recent biometrics in their system. Congratulations.

Thank you, Assylum. I want to acknowledge how informative and supportive you were during my voyage from Asylum Application till this day (Oct 09 - Jan 12). You continue to inspired me, directly and through your posts, to think positive and rely upon the lord. Thank you, and god bless you!

- Dev

Congrats...enjoy your green life :)...oh and was it Texas Service center?

and Assylum, i remember between my asylum and applying for the i485, i got two criminal court summons what u call a pink summon here in nyc for riding bike on a sidewalk...both of them were dismissed...you think that might be holding the name check or background check ? :confused:

Thank you very much, F_F. Yes, it was the TSC. I hope you hear of your approval soon. Hang in there my friend!!

Best wishes,

- Dev

Hey Congrats ,
yes asylum is right you have been approved and i am very much sure that you ll get your green card in less then 60 days... Enjoy the green life my friend.
Please do update us when you get your green card in hand... Good Luck and God bless you may all your dreams come true...

Thank you. I was not really expecting my approval this soon --knowing that the TSC is behind their goal. It came like a surprise to me. When I checked my status until 9 pm, it said "Initial Review". But when I checked it at 11:30 pm, there was this approval message. It is interesting that how USCIS online system works.

I hope you get approved soon too. Please keep us updated!

- Dev

Congrats Dev!!!!!!!
Im really happy for you. please update if you get anything more in the mail.. I just cant wait to get approved too.. Sooooooo much depends on my GC i check my inbox 700 times a day lolxxx.. it happened fast for u i wonder why mine is taking time.. which country you from?

any idea?

i have filled i - 485 in 10 / 5 / 2012 based on granted asylum and done the finger print in 11 / 15 / 2012 according to Nebraska office it should take 4 months to get my green card . . . . . . i have set an info pass and met the officer and he asked me to call the UCISC call center and ask for service request . . . i have called the USCIS and they send me an email that my case still waiting for the officer to work on it.... my status is showing up in uscis page as acceptance.

Hey Miro29, I guess we are on the same boat lol. I filed my papers on November 30th 2012 and I did my fingerprints on December 10th 2012. Today is April 2nd 2013 and it keeps showing "acceptance", I was freaking out but I guess I am not the only one WAITING...lol

I dont trust the E-REQUEST because last year when I applied for my Travel Document it took 3.5 months to get it and the website kept showing "acceptance" even when I got the RTD lol til this day if I check it online it keeps saying "acceptance" lol.

I guess, we just need to be patient! lol

i have filled i - 485 in 10 / 5 / 2012 based on granted asylum and done the finger print in 11 / 15 / 2012 according to Nebraska office it should take 4 months to get my green card . . . . . . i have set an info pass and met the officer and he asked me to call the UCISC call center and ask for service request . . . i have called the USCIS and they send me an email that my case still waiting for the officer to work on it.... my status is showing up in uscis page as acceptance.