green card renewal time frame

champa1975

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my 10 year renewal of green card on April 20 2009. I had my finger printing in June 2009 but so far no news of approval. I had applied for my citizenship in 2008 but was denied since i had 2 trips in excess of 6 months.

Does anyone know if my renewal of green card will be denied as well?

Freaking Out!!!

I applied for my 10 year renewal of green card on April 20 2009. I had my finger printing in June 2009 but so far no news of approval. I had applied for my citizenship in 2008 but was denied since i had 2 trips in excess of 6 months.

Does anyone know if my renewal of green card will be denied as well?
--------------Eligibility for US citizenship is different. 6 months trips had nothing to do with GC renewal.
Freaking Out!!!

--------------- if you have I-90 filing reciept you can take infopass and get your passport stamped at local USCIS. Card production is taking 5-6 months.

When i went for my finger prints, they renewed my green card for one year, by affixing a stamp on the back of the expiring card, until June 2010. Does that mean by green card is approved?

Today i went for an INFO PASS to find out why they are taking so long? I was asked to wait for an hour and was told that my case was not approved and that i will get something in the mail.

I have been living in this country with a green card for ten years, paid all my taxes and have never done anything wrong. I just had two trips in excess of six months( over one day) and they refused my N-400.

Can they still not renew my greencard?

When i went for my finger prints, they renewed my green card for one year, by affixing a stamp on the back of the expiring card, until June 2010. Does that mean by green card is approved?
No, it just means you have a temporarily extended GC to use for one year while they process your 10-year renewal. You can use it to travel or get employment.

Different criteria for maintaining GC status and qualifying for naturalisation. The former is a little lenient than the latter.

So renewal of green card has no link to denial of N-400 due to two trips over 180 days in my last ten years of residency in USA?

You should probably contact an attorney. That's the best way to go to ensure that your situation is resolved.