Green Card renewal of a minor

Patkag

Hello everybody.
My daughter got her GC when she was 6 months old. The GC was issued for 10 years and in September 2020 it expires. What is the procedure of the renewal in her case? she is 10 years old.

Thank you

Patrycja

Thank you :)

So I should fill in this form for her. I understand if there is no biometrics, she will not have any meeting and the green card will be mailed?

Yes. If you do receive a biometrics notice then you will need to take her even though she is under 14 though.

I have just one more concern....I can't start the process yet as it is more than 6 months until the expiration date so I can't check it myself....If a child (10 years old) do not attend the biometrics, how do I provide the photo for the new green card?

Yes you pay for the GC renewal. You however don’t pay for the bio since she’s under 14.

Talking about the renewal....do I have to pay for the green card and biometrics for her?
do the form online, it will give you the exact amount you need to pay for the case so there will not be an error.

apologies for my misinformation about the bio earlier - I was thinking of fingerprints and stupidly forgot that she would need a new photo.

do the form online, it will give you the exact amount you need to pay for the case so there will not be an error.

apologies for my misinformation about the bio earlier - I was thinking of fingerprints and stupidly forgot that she would need a new photo.
:) No problem :) THank you for your advice:)

Hello everybody.
My daughter got her GC when she was 6 months old. The GC was issued for 10 years and in September 2020 it expires. What is the procedure of the renewal in her case? she is 10 years old.

Thank you

Patrycja
Have either parent become a US citizen? If so, your daughter is already a US citizen and should not renew her green card.

No, they haven't. I and still have doubts about the process....especially after reading this

"
Special Renewal Requirements for Green Cards Issued to Minors
07 Feb 2018

A lawful permanent resident (LPR), commonly referred to as a “green card” holder, is generally expected to renew the green card prior to the expiration date of the card, which is typically ten years from the date of issuance. This is accomplished by filing an application to replace the permanent residence card (form I-90). There are special rules that may apply, however, if the green card was issued to a minor before the child’s 14th birthday.
Renewal Process for Minors Linked to Collecting Biometrics
When applying for a green card, most applicants are required to provide biometrics (e.g., fingerprints, photograph, and digital signature). But if the applicant is under the age of 14, biometrics are not collected.
Like most other LPRs, those under the age of 14 ordinarily are issued green cards that are facially valid for ten years. In order to ensure that all LPRs have provided biometrics by the time they reach the age of 16, special renewal requirements are in place for one who is issued a green card prior to the age of 14 that has an expiration date after the child’s 16th birthday. In such a situation, the LPR is required to file form I-90 and submit biometrics within 30 days of the child’s 14th birthday.
Application Fee Waived if Form Timely Filed
If, as required, the I-90 is filed within 30 days after the child’s 14th birthday, the filing fee for the I-90 application is waived; however, the child must still pay the biometrics fee, which is currently $85. If the I-90 is filed before the child’s 14th birthday, or more than 30 days after the child’s 14th birthday, both the I-90 filing fee and the biometrics fee are required.

Now I am confused even more ;) Should I file the I-90 form ? I guess yes as the Green Card will expire.....Should we go to any meeting to provide photo? Should I pay for the green card? I am lost :(

No, they haven't. I and still have doubts about the process....especially after reading this

"
Special Renewal Requirements for Green Cards Issued to Minors
07 Feb 2018

A lawful permanent resident (LPR), commonly referred to as a “green card” holder, is generally expected to renew the green card prior to the expiration date of the card, which is typically ten years from the date of issuance. This is accomplished by filing an application to replace the permanent residence card (form I-90). There are special rules that may apply, however, if the green card was issued to a minor before the child’s 14th birthday.
Renewal Process for Minors Linked to Collecting Biometrics
When applying for a green card, most applicants are required to provide biometrics (e.g., fingerprints, photograph, and digital signature). But if the applicant is under the age of 14, biometrics are not collected.
Like most other LPRs, those under the age of 14 ordinarily are issued green cards that are facially valid for ten years. In order to ensure that all LPRs have provided biometrics by the time they reach the age of 16, special renewal requirements are in place for one who is issued a green card prior to the age of 14 that has an expiration date after the child’s 16th birthday. In such a situation, the LPR is required to file form I-90 and submit biometrics within 30 days of the child’s 14th birthday.
Application Fee Waived if Form Timely Filed
If, as required, the I-90 is filed within 30 days after the child’s 14th birthday, the filing fee for the I-90 application is waived; however, the child must still pay the biometrics fee, which is currently $85. If the I-90 is filed before the child’s 14th birthday, or more than 30 days after the child’s 14th birthday, both the I-90 filing fee and the biometrics fee are required.

Now I am confused even more ;) Should I file the I-90 form ? I guess yes as the Green Card will expire.....Should we go to any meeting to provide photo? Should I pay for the green card? I am lost :(

Yes, if her current card is about to expire. Yes she has to attend a bio appointment for her picture to get captured for the new GC. They will not be putting the same picture from when she was six months old. And yes, you have to pay the I-90 fee, minus the bio fee. It’s not like the reason you’re applying for a new card is because your child is about to turn 14.