Green card - how does it look?

kumo

Registered Users (C)
Hey folks.. any of you who received actual GC card or seen a card can answer this Q.

- does the Actual Green card mention the employer name, PD or job title?
- I was inquring b/c my card prod ordered & 485 approved - not sure what i140 they were based/used for final approval? b/c I have had 2 i140 - one with current employr & one with former employr...

Hey folks.. any of you who received actual GC card or seen a card can answer this Q.

- does the Actual Green card mention the employer name, PD or job title?
- I was inquring b/c my card prod ordered & 485 approved - not sure what i140 they were based/used for final approval? b/c I have had 2 i140 - one with current employr & one with former employr...
If you only filed one I-485, it would have been based on the I-140 that was listed when filing the I-485.

If you had two I-485's, you would know based on the case number which one was approved. And looking at the receipt notice or the approval notice (when you get it) would show the receipt date, which you can use to figure out which employer it was (unless you filed both simultaneously!).

It matters. If the jobs for those two I-140s were very different, the OP may need to change jobs in order to be in the right type of job for the I-485 that was approved.

The I-485 isn't formally linked to a specific I-140. One may interfile so that the denial of one I-140 doesn't lead to the automatic denial of the I-485, but if one has multiple approved I-140s I don't see any requirement or case law that says that only one is valid once the I-485 is approved.

EDIT: If you mean I-140s in different categories, then yes, that might an issue from a visa number counting perspective, but I don't see it as grounds for rescission of the GC.

The I-485 isn't formally linked to a specific I-140. One may interfile so that the denial of one I-140 doesn't lead to the automatic denial of the I-485, but if one has multiple approved I-140s I don't see any requirement or case law that says that only one is valid once the I-485 is approved.
The I-485 is linked to a specific I-140. It can be changed to a different I-140 via interfiling, but it is still linked to an I-140. Denial or revocation of the I-140 = denial of the associated I-485. If you have an approved I-140 and I-485, and get another I-140 after filing those, and you don't request interfiling, and the first I-140 is denied, your I-485 will also be denied.

Also, AC21 "Same or similar" would become ambiguous if you don't specify which I-140/Labor certification when you change jobs while the I-485 is pending ... same or similar to what?
EDIT: If you mean I-140s in different categories, then yes, that might an issue from a visa number counting perspective, but I don't see it as grounds for rescission of the GC.
It wouldn't a routine rescission, it would be a "You didn't work for the employer or in a same or similar job after GC approval" situation, which is a scenario that really hasn't been tested.

GC - Linkages - how to correct it?

Hey folks,

The answers are little offtrack. We aren't discussing revocation or even possibility of it.. Simply put it.. how to tell which i140, the final 485 approval linked to? b/c it DOES matter.. we needed to know which employer to work for since two i140's are eb2 based - one clearly has a oldest PD & other one we asked for it to retain the oldest PD but came with error in PD. working either of them will determine if it is a sponsored employr GC or Ac21 Gc...

I did not interfile the latest approved eb2 i140 fm current employer to the 485file. But before I do that, suddenly they approved the 485 file with oldest PD i140

My feeling is that they approved it with prev employer i140 since that was only PD current among the 3 140's. - Somehow I needed to continue with my current employer without going back to previous employer. If I correct the recently approved eb2 i140 of current employer to reflect the oldest PD, will that be ok to satisfy the GC conditions? that is my confusion.. or do we need to correct the GC card when it comes.. but don't know what the procedure?

how to tell which i140, the final 485 approval linked to? b/c it DOES matter.. we needed to know which employer to work for since two i140's are eb2 based

But if over 180 days, it's covered by AC21 and it doesn't matter. Seriously, you're over-thinking this.

And it's not necessarily the oldest one, since your PD is based on the earliest approved I-140.

what about same similar issue?

agree.. after 180 days.. we could use ac21 to stay with current employer.. that case.. will they not check the same/similar job issue now or later down the line? b/c CIS have current employer i140's with them, they could quickly check to see if the job title/descripion matches...with old employer if we use ac21..

the damn thing if we know what/which 140 they based their approval.. that info is slipping nobody knows..

probably i am overthinkin.. but better to be safe b/c citizen ship down the line 5 yrs .. the yall check where we worked after the card...

If you learned of card production online, you would know the case number of your I-485. If you know the case number of the I-485 that got approved, you would know which of your two I-485s it is. And if you know which I-485 it is, you would also know what the receipt date is. And if you know the receipt date, you would know which employer it was based on. And you didn't request the interfiling, so the I-485 remains linked to whichever I-140 it was based on at the time of I-485 filing.

Of course, if you only have one I-485, the answer is obvious as to which I-485 it is.

Sit down, look at your I-485 receipts, think through the details, and you will figure out which I-140 your GC was based on.