Green card for spouse

Atlanta_Brother

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I recently became US citizen and would now like to sponsor my wife for her adjustment of status so that we can get her green card.

Few things to keep in mind.

1) She is here with me in US
2) Her I-130 is also approved.
3) We have been married for 4 yrs now and have two kids which were also born here.

Keeping these above things in mind, how long will it take start to finish. I will be mailing her paperwork today for processing.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

Yes, she entered US legally on B-2 visitors visa. I thought the process usually takes 3 months and since her I-130 is also approved at this time. Will it not speed up the process ?

She entered legally 4 years ago?

The timeline I am giving you it is for the I-485 processing. It does not matter if the I-130 is approved, since nowadays you file them both at the same time and they are approved at the same time.

So, it took me exactly 127 days last year to get my Green Card through my US citizen spouse, our District Office was also in Atlanta, Georgia. So, think in the lines of 4-6 months.

name check

She entered legally 4 years ago?

The timeline I am giving you it is for the I-485 processing. It does not matter if the I-130 is approved, since nowadays you file them both at the same time and they are approved at the same time.

So, it took me exactly 127 days last year to get my Green Card through my US citizen spouse, our District Office was also in Atlanta, Georgia. So, think in the lines of 4-6 months.

Are you a guy ? The reason I am asking you this is because usually name check is a serious issue for boys/guys/men/dudes whatever you call them.
One of my friends filed for his wife from Alabama & Atlanta was his point of contact. His wife got his GC in 3 months. This was back in 2006.

nobody can guarantee you how long it will take.

Plus, what difference does it make? however long it will take, as long as she gets a GC!

Counsular processing at Delhi Consulate

Hello,
I will become a US Citizen next month. I already have an approved I-130 petition for my wife who is in Delhi. How long will consular processing take in Delhi once I mail a copy of my Naturalization certificate to NVC?

Thanks

Hello,
I will become a US Citizen next month. I already have an approved I-130 petition for my wife who is in Delhi. How long will consular processing take in Delhi once I mail a copy of my Naturalization certificate to NVC?

Thanks

please don't hijack someone else's thread, start your own.

Are you a guy ? The reason I am asking you this is because usually name check is a serious issue for boys/guys/men/dudes whatever you call them.
One of my friends filed for his wife from Alabama & Atlanta was his point of contact. His wife got his GC in 3 months. This was back in 2006.

I'm a guy. But it makes no difference.

Yes it does make a difference

nobody can guarantee you how long it will take.

Plus, what difference does it make? however long it will take, as long as she gets a GC!

Ofcourse it makes a hell lot of a difference, I don't know what you are talking about. One can travel and return back to US with a valid GC plus one can legally work here etc etc.

Ofcourse it makes a hell lot of a difference, I don't know what you are talking about. One can travel and return back to US with a valid GC plus one can legally work here etc etc.

But one can do that with an EAD and AP that come from a pending I-485. Practically speaking, once the EAD/AP arrive one has all the benefits of being a GC holder, with the two exceptions of having to renew the EAD/AP after a year, and not accumulating time towards citizenship.

But the fact that you are now a USC has just shaved two years off of her wait.