Green Card Cost

srini_king

Registered Users (C)
I was with a company which started my Green Card. Filed my I-485 in Sept 2002. Got 140 Approved before that. One of the benefit when I joined the company was processing of GC for no cost. ( Have no document)

For my personal reason I had to change the company now - Initially he was threating to cancel my Green Card. Now he is asking me to pay $12K for Letting my GC Process to continue. Infact company Owe's me $6K which are due for more than 6 months.

What is the best thing I should do??

- Srini :confused:

It is so unfortunate to have this type of employers who want to suck till the last drop of employee's blood.

I strongly think at this poing he cannot do anything with your GC as you already passed 180 days period.
I think all this drama is just not to give your $6k.

So this is up to how you want to resolve this.

options:
1. Say to him that he can keep $6K and also to keep quite. Make sure you get some thing in writing.(Very peaceful solution.)

2. You will ask whatever he owes($6k). If he denies you will fight for that. If you report to the Labor Dept, they go behind him.

For safe side, record everything whatever he talks. You take care not to talk any thing illegal.

Enjoy!!

Well if you are going to use AC21, then you can tell your previous employer to kiss your @ss and give you your 6G asap

if you are going to use your previous employer's 140 to get your GC approved, then you will have to make sure that you don't piss him off :)

You are an AC21 case. You don't need the support of your original employer. Make sure you have the same or a similar job with an established company and a comparable salary and you will be okay.

If you cannot get a copy of your labor certificate from your employer, ask your lawyer if he can provide you a copy.

if that fails then call NCSC and tell them that you need a copy of your labor certificate, I believe that under the freedom of information act, they have to provide you with the copy

I may be wrong though, wait and see what some other senior members have to say before you call NCSC

1 try to get the LC copy from lawyer office, I don’t think he will provide you but nothing in trying
2 if you know somebody in your employer HR department request him or bribe him he/she can give you a copy of LC if they have. Many HR people don’t ask the LC copy from Lawyer and don’t keep in your file.
3 if you are in the same city where your old company lawyer is and your new lawyer is in the same city he can request the past lawyer to get the LC copy if both have good relations
4 talk to some friend who is still working for the past employer he/she can try to get your LC copy from HR
5.last option tries to get through FOIA from BCIS it will take time.

· NCSC will not help for LC copy they just pick up the phone and answer to query and many times it is wrong info, they all are not immigration officers.
· DOL only provided the ETA740A and ETA750B (LC forms) to BCIS if BCIS requests them