Great Guru, need your help on Schedule A retrogression

experio

Registered Users (C)
Hello Great Guru, wondering if you can help address my situation...

I am a licensed PT in Arizona (originally from India). My employer filed for my
I140, I485, I765 on Oct 6, 2006 (before the retrogression was announced on Nov 1, 06). I already have my EAD (I765) and I140 approved, and am currently working on my EAD status. My question is how does retrogression impact us Schedule A applicants. As per visa bulletin, it seems no more visa numbers are available for Schedule A (earlier there was some mention about Oct, 05 as being the cut off date)....

so, does that mean that now my case will fall under normal EB3 (which is May, 01 for India) and I will need to wait for a visa number to be available???

or does the 50,000 number quota works independently of the EB3 quota and follows a different timeline...

can somebody who recently had their I485 approved post their received date at USCIS?

thank you!!!
experio

wait for I-140

Hello Great guru
My I-140 was filed under EB-3 schedule A category in last week of August 2006 at Nebraska.
May i hope my I-140 will be decided with in this April??
This week's USCIS update for I-140 processing date for schedule A will be August 2006.
Still, there will be chance of asking RFE (request for further evidence) for my I-140 after 6 updates by USCIS.

Hello Great guru
My I-140 was filed under EB-3 schedule A category in last week of August 2006 at Nebraska.
May i hope my I-140 will be decided with in this April?? Monitor Processing date pertaining to Service center.[/COLOR] This week's USCIS update for I-140 processing date for schedule A will be August 2006.
Still, there will be chance of asking RFE (request for further evidence) for my I-140 after 6 updates by USCIS. YES [/QUOTE]

great guru, please address my situation as well

great guru, would appreciate if you can answer my situation as well.. my case is at Texas SC, which shows current date of Sept 13, 2006, but does that apply to EB3 - Schedule A as well??

or as visa bulletin do not show Schedule A any longer, does that mean that Schedule A will fall back into general EB3 quota and for India, the date goes back to May, 01???

thanks !!

Do not confuse with your I 140 petition being with TSC.

I 140 is a underlying petition to prove your eligibilty towards Schedule A category.

Approval of I 140 at TSC ,will not helpful if you do not have visa available for Schedule A workers.

Currently no visa available for Schedule A category unless senate bring another bill to expedite the recap of missed visas.

great guru, would appreciate if you can answer my situation as well.. my case is at Texas SC, which shows current date of Sept 13, 2006, but does that apply to EB3 - Schedule A as well??

or as visa bulletin do not show Schedule A any longer, does that mean that Schedule A will fall back into general EB3 quota and for India, the date goes back to May, 01???

thanks !!

I-140 approval and current visa status

Hi Great Guru/
any body else

Please advise

I am waiting for NVC processing(since this june) with priority date August 2006 (schedule A occupation-EB 3).Now, Visa buletine shows current visa status for EB-3 and will likely be current till September 30th 2007.Will i be able to be scheduled for consular interview in that time limit( my I-140 petition just approved), i remain in all chargeability areas except those listed.
Will visa status need to be current till the date of scheduled interview?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Yes you can file CP starting July 1, 2007, but you cannot assume that Priority dates will be current until Sept.

At the time of applying your cousellor process your date must be available. Once applied you no need to worry about any retrogression.

Hi Great Guru/
any body else

Please advise

I am waiting for NVC processing(since this june) with priority date August 2006 (schedule A occupation-EB 3).Now, Visa buletine shows current visa status for EB-3 and will likely be current till September 30th 2007.Will i be able to be scheduled for consular interview in that time limit( my I-140 petition just approved), i remain in all chargeability areas except those listed.
Will visa status need to be current till the date of scheduled interview?
Thanks in advance

NVC processing

Hi great guru/any body else
advise me

Once imigration visa fee and DS 230 submitted to NVC,will visa number be alloted to the candidate?and/or all NVC process completed consulate look for availability of visa to that candidate??
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NVC callects money even 4/5 years early. Until visa number (dates became current) available, no cousellor process or AOS will take place. Your papers will be having a very lengthy nap in NVC.

Hi great guru/any body else
advise me

Once imigration visa fee and DS 230 submitted to NVC,will visa number be alloted to the candidate?and/or all NVC process completed consulate look for availability of visa to that candidate??
Thanks in advance!!

Visa availability for small country(employment based)

Hello Great guru/anyone else
Advise me

NVC mentions: there is per-country limit for visa allotment (not exceding 7% percountry limit) what does it means for very small country where only few cases get/are waiting for employment based g.card where as thousands cases are waiting for green card from large country like india,china,philipine,england ,other european country.Is there chance of getting g.Card earlier eventhough Visa buletine doesn't show current in visa buletine in general (there is no mention about the status of each and every country).
My case EB-3, small country,schedule A physiotherapist ,consular processing