Granted asylum but not received my EAD and approval letter

mwana

I need help folks. I applied for asylum in June last year. In November I applied for a work permit because 180 days had passed without hearing from the asylum office. USCIS denied the application and informed me that according to their records my asylum application was approved and an EAD card sent to me. I've never seen the card, and I remain in the address that I gave them. On Monday, I visited the local USCIS office to check on the status of my application. They confirmed that my application was approved. They called the asylum office and were informed that my card and approval letter were still in my file. The person who relayed this information was a junior clerk and he said he could not make any decision. I was with my attorney, and he advised me to wait to see if they will send the EAD card and the approval letter in the next three weeks. USCIS advised us to go back to their office if we don't receive the letter and the EAD within 30 days. I really can't understand why they granted me asylum, but decided not to mail the approval letter and the EAD card.

Get an info-pass with the office where you did the interview,and they will give you the letter,You were meant to collect the letter 2weeks after the interview.

Well, they made me sign a document declaring the letter would be sent. I was in their office yesterday. They called the asylum office in San Francisco, and they were told the letter and the card are in my file. I'm just hoping they will send them as soon as possible. I must have lost a lot waiting for a response for eight months.

Well, they made me sign a document declaring the letter would be sent. I was in their office yesterday. They called the asylum office in San Francisco, and they were told the letter and the card are in my file. I'm just hoping they will send them as soon as possible. I must have lost a lot waiting for a response for eight months.

Wait for a few days and if still nothing then you should insist that your lawyer contact directly the asylum office on your behalf. Do not go through another USCIS office.

this thing exactly happened to my bro. HE filed for EAD at NEBRASKA with his recommended approval but got a letter saying it's denied cos local asylum office already has approved your asylum finally and you should have recieved EAD with approval letter in JUly,.

we wrote to local asylum office here inquiring about our status with the EAD denial letter.

in oct, he got EAD and asylum fina approval, but the I-94 was dated in july.

so anyway, looks like they are too slow to mail EAD or approval letters.

EAD question.

My EAD is expiring soon. But I already file form i-485 for Green Card. Now the EAD filing cost $340.

But there in the instruction form of EAD it says that if you already file i-485, there is no need for payment for the filing application fee $340 for EAD. Is this also applicable for Asylum status who already file i-485 ? Or Do i still need to pay this amount since I am Asylum ?
Any help???

EAD question.

My EAD is expiring soon. But I already file form i-485 for Green Card. Now the EAD filing cost $340.

But there in the instruction form of EAD it says that if you already file i-485, there is no need for payment for the filing application fee $340 for EAD. Is this also applicable for Asylum status who already file i-485 ? Or Do i still need to pay this amount since I am Asylum ?
Any help???

When you receive an unrestricted SS Card, there's no need for an EAD. Why waste $340?