Granted Asylum: after 1 year applied for GC: when will it be granted?

Interview

It wnt well, just asked for the original of my Birth Cert., asked for my expired work permits to destroythem. Finally she told me that my file was a "huge" file (she pointed at it), and todl me that I should get an answer within 30 days.

That was it!

It wnt well, just asked for the original of my Birth Cert., asked for my expired work permits to destroythem. Finally she told me that my file was a "huge" file (she pointed at it), and todl me that I should get an answer within 30 days.

That was it!

I don't have my original birth cert anymore. I only have a copy. I can't get the original from my COP. Does that mean I will get denied?

Last edited by a moderator:
we got approved in 2 months, no interview.
good luck to u, calialva

wow...and the processing time for TSC still shows December 31th, 2010. How did you skip the queue though lol...i thought even if the cases were straightforward, it would still have to be in the processing timeframe. Is there any premium processing for asylees i485 that we don't know yet? :)

Congratulations! That's the way the USCIS should work at all times! Incidentally, did you mail them a medical exam form along with you i485?

I think asylees have to submit i693 medical exam with the i485 at the time of filing when applying for adjustment of status.