Granted Asylum: after 1 year applied for GC: when will it be granted?

calialva

Registered Users (C)
I was granted Asylum and after one year submitted I485. Paperwork was received on Jan 2011 by USCIS and their website states that it will take 4 months to be granted. So far nothing: any idea when I will be granted my GC? What will the steps be? Please explain! Thanks! : after 1 year applied for GC: when will it be granted?

I was granted Asylum and after one year submitted I485. Paperwork was received on Jan 2011 by USCIS and their website states that it will take 4 months to be granted. So far nothing: any idea when I will be granted my GC? What will the steps be? Please explain! Thanks! : after 1 year applied for GC: when will it be granted?

Some people got their GC petition approved in 3 months and some people are still waiting after many years. I got approved in 9 months and my brother got approved in 6 months. He had to go through an interview for GC and I did not. Each case is specific. By now you should atleast have done your fingerprints. Sit tight, hope for the best and expect the worst. If you are worried about your case, you can always make an infopass appointment.

Thank you mesbahul: Yes, I already did fingerprints (early March '11) and my case was transfered from Nebraska Center to Lee's Summit Office (Montana) and then trasferred to a"Local USCIS Office". That was 10 days ago, and so far nothing from the local USCIS Office. Any hint how much time from then to receiving my GC?
Thank you!

@mesbahul: Where did your and your brother's GC petition processed at? Do you happen to know why your bro got GC interview? What documents did he has to bring for the interview? What kind of questions did your bro face during the interview? Did his NP stamp with GC approval? Thanks

@calialva and All: I am wondering why your GC petition was transferred from NSC to local USCIS office. What are the possible reasons or events that trigger the transfers of GC petitions from Service Center to local USCIS office (maybe past arrest, changed country condition or etc)? Any inputs?

@mesbahul: Where did your and your brother's GC petition processed at? Do you happen to know why your bro got GC interview? What documents did he has to bring for the interview? What kind of questions did your bro face during the interview? Did his NP stamp with GC approval? Thanks

@calialva and All: I am wondering why your GC petition was transferred from NSC to local USCIS office. What are the possible reasons or events that trigger the transfers of GC petitions from Service Center to local USCIS office (maybe past arrest, changed country condition or etc)? Any inputs?

We initially sent our GC petition to Texas Service Center. After a few months my brother's petition was transferred to Nebraska Service Center. No reason was given why. Interview was just to clarify a few things on the GC application. He was told not to bring anything but he still took his whole asylum file with him.

@mesbahul: Was the interview held in USCIS field office or asylum office? What were the questions posed in the interview? Was it related to your bro's asylum case? thanks

Thank you mesbahul: Yes, I already did fingerprints (early March '11) and my case was transfered from Nebraska Center to Lee's Summit Office (Montana) and then trasferred to a"Local USCIS Office". That was 10 days ago, and so far nothing from the local USCIS Office. Any hint how much time from then to receiving my GC?
Thank you!

If your case got transferred to the local office, then most likely they will schedule an interview for your.

You can use this post to get an idea how long the process takes for some people.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?311818-I-485-Tracker

@mesbahul: Was the interview held in USCIS field office or asylum office? What were the questions posed in the interview? Was it related to your bro's asylum case? thanks

Yes the interview was held in the local field office here in NYC. In NYC one building contains all of the USCIS and Immigration court office. He made a few mistakes while filling the I-485. So USCIS wanted to clarify. It was no big deal. Got approved shortly thereafter though.

Calialva when is the interview scheduled and please keep us posted when u r done with Interview.

Calialva, i dont think so u should hire a attornory, by reading all post in forums which is realted to Interview for GC that should be simple Interview may be i am thinking they ware asking for DOB, Did you submit ur DOB when u r appling for GC? read all the post in the forums and take a decesion. All the Best!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
we got approved in 2 months, no interview.
good luck to u, calialva

congratulations.
That was very fast. You are very lucky. Mine is still pending in Nebraska. It is already over 4 months. I don't know how USCIS system works.

Just got another -797 Notice of Action, canceling my appointment, due to "unforeseen circumstances". It is so odd and strange!!! Good or bad news?

Date was for the first week of July,.... BUT...................... Just got another -797 Notice of Action, canceling my appointment, due to "unforeseen circumstances". It is so odd and strange!!! Good or bad news?

Date was for the first week of July,.... BUT...................... Just got another -797 Notice of Action, canceling my appointment, due to "unforeseen circumstances". It is so odd and strange!!! Good or bad news?

Maybe they got the answer they were trying to find in the interview. I would schedule an Infopass appointment to get full clarification.

I was granted Asylum and after one year submitted I485. Paperwork was received on Jan 2011 by USCIS and their website states that it will take 4 months to be granted. One month ago I got notice that my file has been transfered to Missouri (Lee's Summit Office) and then a week later another notice letting me know it was transferred to a Field Office. Last week, I received a notice letting me know that my appointment was during the first week of July, and last night got on the mail another Notice of Action letting me know that the appointment for July was cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances". Is it good news or bad news? SHould I expect any problem?