Govt Assistance + AOS implications

pashapuffy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

I should be applying for AOS soon based on my husband now being naturalized.

I am in the US and have been ever since the I130 was sent in - so do I need to tell immigration that my husband became a citizen and have my file updated ? Will doing so put me line for a visa number while I am getting my papwerwork together to file?

Also I am in GA and got govt assistance a few years ago - in the form of WIC and health insurance for my kids - would that affect me being that it was for the US born kids - or should I say yes on the form when it asks if I have ever received public assistance?:confused:

Hi guys

I should be applying for AOS soon based on my husband now being naturalized.

I am in the US and have been ever since the I130 was sent in - so do I need to tell immigration that my husband became a citizen and have my file updated ? Will doing so put me line for a visa number while I am getting my papwerwork together to file?

Also I am in GA and got govt assistance a few years ago - in the form of WIC and health insurance for my kids - would that affect me being that it was for the US born kids - or should I say yes on the form when it asks if I have ever received public assistance?:confused:

Hi:

This is a public charge definition from that organisation. I remember I asked my lawyer some related question and he agreed.

http://www.asianlawalliance.org/whatsnew/public_charge.htm

if it was assistance for your children in your children's name, then it's not your assistance. They are US citizens and are entitled to it.