Got My Grren card Cancelled

Arg001

Registered Users (C)
Getting following message on BCIS for my $*5 appliaction

On August XX, 2003, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application. This withdrawal completes all action on this application. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

I am in Big Trouble..........

Please suggest..................

Any Help appriricated

Originally posted by Arg001
Getting following message on BCIS for my $*5 appliaction

On August XX, 2003, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application. This withdrawal completes all action on this application. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

I am in Big Trouble..........

Please suggest..................

Any Help appriricated

To the best of my knowledge, automatic withdrawl can happen only if apply for CP after applying for I-485 using same I-140.

Otherwise It shouldn't be an issue, You should be able to reopen the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about

if 140 gets revoked by sponsoring company? Is the message different that cited by Arg001?

And what about multiple 485 applications?

If it I-140 revocation then usually transferred to Local office. This is because once the I-485 is denied you have to leave the country if you do not have any other status. Local BCIS enforcement people will come to home and ask you about any other status. If you do not have one then they will ask you leave ASAP (like one week or some time even 2 to 3 days). If you are not leaving before that time then they will issue a Notice to appear (Called NTA). You will have to appear in front of judge.

I know one case first hand. It happened with my colleague. Just adding this for clarity. Employer revoked I-140. I-485 was denied (i.e. 485 was not withdrawn)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How about

Originally posted by GodHelpUsGC
if 140 gets revoked by sponsoring company? Is the message different that cited by Arg001? And what about multiple 485 applications?

This message clearly indicates a withdrawl, which can only be initiated by the petitioner. In an I-485 case, this clearly means us, not our employer. It may be service error, or they entered in the wrong case # in CLAIMS.

Either way, you and your attorney need to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

I don't know what is going on... I have changed my job after completing my 180 days with my rpevious company... they might have cancelled my 485 application..

Still research is going on ...

Originally posted by Arg001
I don't know what is going on... I have changed my job after completing my 180 days with my rpevious company... they might have cancelled my 485 application..

Still research is going on ...

Your company cannot withdraw your I-485. They can only withdraw their I-140, so in this situation BCIS cannot withdraw or deny I-485 after 180 days but sometimes BCIS deny I-485 by mistake.

Sorry to hear

Heard employers can file for I-140 revokes/withdraw with retro active date which is 180 days before your I-1485 filing date

May be Arg001 previous employer filed with retro active date ?

ARG01 : Were you continuously employed with your previous employer for 180 days before you changed the job?

Anyways , i wish you goodluck Mr. Arg01 and also this cancellation is a mistake from BCIS side

check with your old company. they might have revoked ur 140. Or its a BCIS mistake..Officer might have stamped 'reject' instead of 'approve' .cos they are a bunch of 'headless' morons!

Good luck.