Got I551 stamp but not updated in immigration system.Pl Help!!

nsm553

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 485 was approved after interview on Jan 18th.And I got my passport stamped on Jan 21st.

We have made all travel plans to india.But yesterday when we went to social security office to get the new card.The social security officer told that their system still shows that I am on H1.And I am not permanent resident.

Please help me if I would face any problems if I go to India without their system being updated.

Or is it OK for me to travel with the approval letter and the stamp in the passport.

Thanks very much

nsm553 said:
Hi,
My 485 was approved after interview on Jan 18th.And I got my passport stamped on Jan 21st.

We have made all travel plans to india.But yesterday when we went to social security office to get the new card.The social security officer told that their system still shows that I am on H1.And I am not permanent resident.
------ it simply means that your info has not been updated in social security database, it happenes with many, SSN office will take your passport page copyand copy of the page that has Stamp and will send it to USCIS, you may get new SSN card in 2-4 weeks, my friend had the same problem and got the new card in 3 weeks after visiting SSN office
Please help me if I would face any problems if I go to India without their system being updated.
----- relax!! you can go to India, SSN office database has nothing to do with travel
Or is it OK for me to travel with the approval letter and the stamp in the passport.
------ you have the STAMP in passport it has the same rights as G card, you CAN travel with stamp but may need transit visa for germany or swisstzerland( if your flight is through germany or swisstzerland )becase they dont recognise AP or the passport stamp

Thanks very much

nope

they did not allow.They will apply if u want to.But u will get the same card as that not valid to work(just like when u r on h1)