Got H1-B stamped f1-opt-h1b in canada

sunnysparadox

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just got my h1-b stamp. I was given a mutliple entry visa valid until the date on my approval notice. I got my stamping done at the Calgary consulate.

The consulate requires that you now fill in your visa forms online. This is something fairly new and since i got my appointment well over 5 weeks ago it didnt apply to me. So please double check if you have to fill it online or not. Also be sure to get all your i-94's copied and notarized. Submit it along with your supporting documents. I was perplexed for a second when the consular officer asked me for my i-94( since we hand these over when we leave the country). This can be crucial since its evidence that you maintained legal status through out your stay.

I will post more details once I get back from vacation.

S

good post

can you also answer the question about not having the actual degree in hand? Seems like there are many opinions about it. In short, have you got your degree already? whenever you post your experiences...

First time visa stamping

Hi

Can anyone tell about H1B stamping in Canada or anywhere else.

Links to online forms, your experiences.

Do you have to have visa to go to Canada ?

What are the options if you are rejected ???

Thanks

Anil

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaxen

I have two degrees from India based on which I was hired. These were the same degrees that my company used for my H1-B approval. along with my transcripts from the university here. I dont have my degree from the United States yet.

In my case it did not prove to be a problem at the consulate. At the first counter I handed over my DS-156 form, passport, H1-B approval (original), a copy of the complete petition my company had filed for me. I also handed over a notarized copy of my old I-94. After which I was asked to wait to be called.

About 10 minutes later the main consular officer called my name. He asked me what I did for my company. I briefly summarized my job and explained the type of work that I do. He did not ask me about my degrees or qualifications. I forgot to hand over my degrees and employment letter at the first counter. I was expecting him to ask me for them but he did not ask. This was my case, maybe others have had different experiences.

S

info for anil

Anil,

Each consulate has its own website and links. Search on the web for the consulate at which you will be applying. Their main pages should contain the links.

Yes you need a visitors visa to Canada. It took me around 3-4 days to get the visitors visa. At the Canadian immigration counter I was given 6 months permit to stay without working.

If you are rejected you will have to fly back to your home country to get the visa stamping. In my case I was going with the full backing of my company. They paid for the complete trip and were willing to take on the costs of the tip to India if needed.

S