Got GC!! (TN->GC)

bigboy00

Registered Users (C)
Hi Fellow TNers,

I got my green card in the mail yesterday. It was a TN-->GC case (using AOS), never went on H1B. So for those who are under the impression that the H1B status is necessary for getting the green card, I am another example (other than CuriousGeorge) who bypassed the H1B route.

Good luck to you all!

congratulations! Did you re-enter the US at any point while having an approved or pending I-140?

congratulations! Did you re-enter the US at any point while having an approved or pending I-140?

Yes, I travelled to Canada and then re-entered US when my I-140 was already approved. (In fact, I applied for my TN at the border when my I-140 was approved).

Yes, I travelled to Canada and then re-entered US when my I-140 was already approved. (In fact, I applied for my TN at the border when my I-140 was approved).

Any problems on the re-entry and the issue of the new TN with an approved I-140? I did exactly the same in June 2006 and i had some problems with the border offical. The issue was clarified when I spoke with her supervisor and I was granted a new TN.

Any problems on the re-entry and the issue of the new TN with an approved I-140? I did exactly the same in June 2006 and i had some problems with the border offical. The issue was clarified when I spoke with her supervisor and I was granted a new TN.

No issues..In fact at that time, I did not even know that the approved I-140 could be a threat to my TN. The lady went inside and came back with the TN (I-94) in 20 minutes..

congrats bigboy00, please post all the details from TN - GC, steps wise or whatever easier for you. thanks

Yes there are many of us that went from a TN to a Green Card without ever having an H1-b. And it's a damn nice feeling once you get your Green Card for the first time too. Took me a few years, but I went from a TN to Green Card to becomming a Citizen in about 8 or 9 years total...

That is so cool. Which port did you pass after your I-140 had been approved?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so cool!!!

We were told that we cannot go to GC w/out H1 first. This is so great to hear. Did you hire a lawyer or your company filed for your GC. How long was the processing time? Thanks.

We received our GC last week.

We didn’t travel but I did two TN mail applications while I-140 was pending.

Since I didn’t use a lawyer, I didn’t have to deal with a whole lot of misinformation and incompetence.

Congratulation.

Hi Fellow TNers,

I got my green card in the mail yesterday. It was a TN-->GC case (using AOS), never went on H1B. So for those who are under the impression that the H1B status is necessary for getting the green card, I am another example (other than CuriousGeorge) who bypassed the H1B route.

Good luck to you all!

Congratulations bigboy00 & DBEL.....
Actually I am going through the same situation. can any one from both of you please provide your email id and contact number. i am very very confused and have lots of questions.... can you please help us.

my email id: fkns2003@yahoo.com
any help will be really appreciating

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that PERM application does not show immigrant intent and prevents from getting another TN?
Is applying for LC/PERM safe?

Priority Date

Incidentally, I am a Ph. d. in dairy science and working as Manager of R&D and QA for a food company on a TN-1. My priority date is September 2003, and the visa bulletin for the month of May 2007 is August 2003. My question is this; assuming that next month the priority date will be September 2003, can I concurrently apply for I-140, I-435, EAD, etc., while waiting for the approval of my TN renewal which will expire in August this year?

As always, thanks so much for your response. Great day!

you can apply concurrently, but what will you do if the EAD & AP are not approved before your TN expires? You will not be able to work or leave the country. It is much better to renew the TN, then apply concurrently. OR even better is to apply for the I-140 now, renew the TN, and then when your priority date is current file the I-485 as concurrently.