got expedite inquiry letter - what does this mean ?

veeru_

Registered Users (C)
Today i got a response from VSC regarding my expedite letter request to them
their response is "Your case is currently being reviewed "

what does this mean ? is it a standard response ? I saw a lot of ppl getting messages like lack of manpower and pending service requests.

I think it is a good sign for you and your case can be approved very soon. BTW, do you send the inquiry/expediate letter by yourself or your lawyer? Any sample letter to share?

i faxed it to them

here is the sample letter i used

To,
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,
Vermont Service Center,
Attention: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street,
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Date:

Attention: Mr. Paul Novak, Director
SUBJECT: Request to Expedite Adjudication Pending I-485 petition

Dear Mr. Novak,
Adjudication of our I-485 petitions is delayed by about 6 months when compared to the current processing times published by Vermont Service Center ( March 25, 2004).
Primary Applicant Petition details as follows:
Name :
DOB :
Receipt# :
A# :
Received Date :
Notice Date :
Finger Prints Status:
FBI “Name Check” Status:
Derivative Applicant Petition details as follows:
Name :
DOB :
Receipt# :
A# :
Received Date :
Notice Date :
Finger Prints Status:
FBI “Name Check” Status:

Reason for Expedite Request:
1. The processing of my application has been delayed and at this moment is at least 6 months overdue. My RD is XXXX and your Service Center is processing March'04. Attached are the I485 receipts for self and spouse.
2. All outside checks have been completed. Attached is the confirmation from the FBI on the status of our record check.
3. After the processing date moved past my RD I initiated an official inquiry through my lawyer on XXXXXXXX and got a reply that I should hear something back in 30 days. No correspondence received after that.
4. The delay in adjudicating the petitions is causing me financial expense to apply for multiple EAD’s and Advance Paroles.
Thanks in advance,
Very truly yours,

XXXXXX
Address:
Phone:
Email:

hope this helps

DW2003 said:
I think it is a good sign for you and your case can be approved very soon. BTW, do you send the inquiry/expediate letter by yourself or your lawyer? Any sample letter to share?

Fax No

Can you please let me know the fax no of USCIS to which you faxed the expedite request.

thanks in advance

veeru_ said:
Today i got a response from VSC regarding my expedite letter request to them
their response is "Your case is currently being reviewed "

what does this mean ? is it a standard response ? I saw a lot of ppl getting messages like lack of manpower and pending service requests.

what is review?? what does it mean?? how long does it take complete and who are involved?

wish i knew, one single line , no explanation of any sort

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
what is review?? what does it mean?? how long does it take complete and who are involved?

veeru

When did you fax it?
How did you find out your Finger Prints Status and “Name Check” Status?

Sorry about asking same questions again

faxed it last week
name check status obtained from fbi ( email sent on nov10, 2004, got reply back on march 15,2005 )
fingerprint status got updated on uscis website after 4 or 5 days of the date when fingerprinting was done

hope this helps

1moreday said:
veeru

When did you fax it?
How did you find out your Finger Prints Status and “Name Check” Status?

Sorry about asking same questions again

I am in the same boat as you Veeru, did you notice any LUD's in the past few days I had 3 LUD's in 4 working days 04/01, 04/04, 04/05. not today.
I also got the same message when I initiated the status check.
Approval or RFE???.:confused:
rk
EB2. Ind.
I-140 ND 09/10/2003, AD 08/2004.
I-485 ND 09/26/2003, AD???
1FP-12/20/04
2EAD, 2AP's.
Labor EB2-08/2002

do not know rk75m, even if its rfe atleast we know something is moving our case, lets keep in touch and i will let you know as soon as i hear something. my lud changed twice ( 03/28 and 03/29)
but the meesage that we have got, i have not seen mentioned on this website

rk75m said:
I am in the same boat as you Veeru, did you notice any LUD's in the past few days I had 3 LUD's in 4 working days 04/01, 04/04, 04/05. not today.
I also got the same message when I initiated the status check.
Approval or RFE???.:confused:
rk
EB2. Ind.
1FP-12/20/04
2EAD, 2AP's.
Labor EB2-08/2002

Hey Veeru,
LUD's adverse in my case , got off the phone with attorney's Sec.. it is a rfe dont know the actual content.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
will post details.
rk
EB2. Ind.
1FP-12/20/04
2EAD, 2AP's.
Labor EB2-08/2002
I am not a lawyer/ Cp. it is my opinion.

did your online message change too ??? it should change if you get rfe .

rk75m said:
Hey Veeru,
LUD's adverse in my case , got off the phone with attorney's Sec.. it is a rfe dont know the actual content.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
will post details.
rk
EB2. Ind.
1FP-12/20/04
2EAD, 2AP's.
Labor EB2-08/2002
I am not a lawyer/ Cp. it is my opinion.

Veeru:

When your FBI naming check done as mentioned in the FBI email reply?

Thanks,
DW2003

veeru_ said:
faxed it last week
name check status obtained from fbi ( email sent on nov10, 2004, got reply back on march 15,2005 )
fingerprint status got updated on uscis website after 4 or 5 days of the date when fingerprinting was done

hope this helps

rfe is normal rk75m. atleast your case has been seen by them. i think once you answer the rfe it would be a matter of days before you see your approval. mine could be headed the same way.

rk75m said:
Veeru,
online message has not changed, will post details of RFE when i get it
:( :(

When does FBI name check occur?

Folks,

At what stage is the FBI name check done? before FP? After FP? FP no relevent?

What would be an appropriate time to send an email to the FBI asking them for info? And can some post a sample content for the email?

Thanks a bunch