Got back my expired green card- question on eligibility for citizenship--urgent

I just told him that yes I came in Dec 2007 as a student and after coming here my attorney applied to get me my old green card back and I got it. He seem confused but he let me in.

The OP needs to tell us exactly what he told the the officer when he first re-entered the US with his "re-instated" GC. Was the epic absence mentioned, or just that he had been out longer than 6 months/1 year...

Got my expired green card back- Need help Urgent

Hi,

I have a question regarding eligibility regarding citizenship. Please see below whole scenario for better understanding of my case and let me know your thoughts, if you think there is any scope for it.:

My whole family got a green card in 1991 through family based file(based on file my uncle did). We all came in 1991 and stayed for 3 months and went back to India and never came back to USA.

Then, I came to USA in December 2007 on F1B (Student) visa.

In 2008, I met an attorney in new york and he said I can reinstate your old (expired) green card and he fill form I-90. I have been called for finger print and tape a one year validity sticker on the back of my old GC, said you can start using this until you get your new GC. Got my new green card with 10 years validity in January 2009(Having date from 1991 for permanent resident since).

In 2009 November I visited India and while returning an officer at Newark Inl. Airport ask me how I have two status (student and green card). I explain him like my attorney applied for reinstate of a green card and I got it back. He let me in with a stamp of PR in my passport.

I visited India back in December 2011 and haven't been asked any question at JFK Airport while returning back.

Am I eligible to apply for a citizenship?? As, I am not sure how I got my GC back after 17 years of gap between my first entry to usa on GC and 2nd entry on F1B student in Dec 2007.

Any help will be appreciated.

got back my expired greencard- need help regarding citizenship

Hi,

I have a question regarding eligibility regarding citizenship. Please see below whole scenario for better understanding of my case and let me know your thoughts, if you think there is any scope for it.:

My whole family got a green card in 1991 through family based file(based on file my uncle did). We all came in 1991 and stayed for 3 months and went back to India and never came back to USA.

Then, I came to USA in December 2007 on F1B (Student) visa.

In 2008, I met an attorney in new york and he said I can reinstate your old (expired) green card and he fill form I-90. I have been called for finger print and tape a one year validity sticker on the back of my old GC, said you can start using this until you get your new GC. Got my new green card with 10 years validity in January 2009(Having date from 1991 for permanent resident since).

In 2009 November I visited India and while returning an officer at Newark Inl. Airport ask me how I have two status (student and green card). I explain him like my attorney applied for reinstate of a green card and I got it back. He let me in with a stamp of PR in my passport.

I visited India back in December 2011 and haven't been asked any question at JFK Airport while returning back.

Am I eligible to apply for a citizenship?? As, I am not sure how I got my GC back after 17 years of gap between my first entry to usa on GC and 2nd entry on F1B student in Dec 2007.

Any help will be appreciated.