• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Goodbye to the forum

SusieQQQ

Dear all,

I have not been on the forum very long, but I hope I have generally made a positive contribution and helped people here. As someone who has successfully gone through the DV process, most of my posts here have been helping answer people's questions about both the application and the interview processes. We had a couple of hiccups along the way which turned out to be minor and inconsequential by the end of it, but which caused some stress at the time, and when I see other people stressing about similar things I have also tried to help reassure them. I hope and think that my contribution has been a positive one.

Unfortunately, what I did not realize when I joined was that it was a "sweet spot" for the forum, during the time Raevsky was banned. The forum has, for me, gone from a pleasant place to share experiences to one that is highly frustrating to spend time on. I guess I could just ignore his posts, but I am not the type to allow others to give misleading information. This has come to a head over the last day when not content to spout a conspiracy theory (I use this term because his theory relies upon what he says are false statements by the US DoS) he is now outright lying about what I have said. I neither want to waste time and energy continually trying to rectify his lies, but if i stay active on the forum without doing so then I let him impugn my integrity. I cannot do this either, so the only option to me is to leave the forum.

I wish you all good luck with whatever stage of the process you are in, but especial good luck to those stuck in AP - I hope you do not have to wait much longer before you get your visas. And of course, best of luck to everyone in starting their new lives in the US. An especial sad goodbye to Momo and britsimon - I have enjoyed our interactions.

Signing out,
Bye,
SusieQQQ

Hey SusieQQQ,

Are you seriously leaving the forum??? Don't :(

I've learnt so much from you and have appreciated your guidance. It'd be sad to see you go just because of raevsky.

I've see his posts and I'm just wondering where the hell he gets them all from to the point I just stopped reading his posts.

We still need your advice for us who are patiently waiting for our CN to be current, please don't go away. we still need u

Susie I hope you will reconsider.

I suppose in a way we will all have a time where this forum is a part of our daily lives, and in a sense it is natural that our interest will diminish but those of us that are able to learn and advise others, as you do, provide a great deal of comfort and assistance to others at various stages of their journey. My first post in the forum (in the H1 section) went unanswered so I know how frustrating it can be if there are no willing volunteers who (with good humour/manners) dish out the answers to the same old questions.

Regarding Raevsky - yes I had noticed you had fallen into the trap of taking his comments too much to heart. That is a shame and can only lead to frustration which sours your experience - but remember without your input, the poor newbies will have more of the Raevsky bedside manner, so that is a shame.

In case you don't reconsider, I hope all goes well for you with your plans and that your journey to the US works out for you. Best wishes.

Simon

Following Beneficiary Later

Hello Readers,

I am a DV2013 Selected, i am in middle of my process to interview.
My main concern is I want to take my child later on may be in 1-2 years. What will be the impact.
Are there demerits in leaving her in the leaving country. Will i have to bear more cost and processing later to bring my child to US? Will she get the same status and benefits she will be getting when she goes now also.
Please suggest.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Following My Beneficiary Child Later

Dear All,

I am a DV2013 Selectee from Asia, i am in middle of my process to interview.
My main concern is I want to take my child later on may be in next 1-2 years.
What will be the impact of following my child later. Are there demerits in leaving her in birth country. Will i have to bear more cost and processing later to bring my child to US? Will she get the same status and benefits later that she will be getting when she goes now.
Please suggest.

Bro you have to stay and not give, if somebody disrespect you, so contact the administrator in order that this person to be punished

Dear all,

I have not been on the forum very long, but I hope I have generally made a positive contribution and helped people here. As someone who has successfully gone through the DV process, most of my posts here have been helping answer people's questions about both the application and the interview processes. We had a couple of hiccups along the way which turned out to be minor and inconsequential by the end of it, but which caused some stress at the time, and when I see other people stressing about similar things I have also tried to help reassure them. I hope and think that my contribution has been a positive one.

Unfortunately, what I did not realize when I joined was that it was a "sweet spot" for the forum, during the time Raevsky was banned. The forum has, for me, gone from a pleasant place to share experiences to one that is highly frustrating to spend time on. I guess I could just ignore his posts, but I am not the type to allow others to give misleading information. This has come to a head over the last day when not content to spout a conspiracy theory (I use this term because his theory relies upon what he says are false statements by the US DoS) he is now outright lying about what I have said. I neither want to waste time and energy continually trying to rectify his lies, but if i stay active on the forum without doing so then I let him impugn my integrity. I cannot do this either, so the only option to me is to leave the forum.

I wish you all good luck with whatever stage of the process you are in, but especial good luck to those stuck in AP - I hope you do not have to wait much longer before you get your visas. And of course, best of luck to everyone in starting their new lives in the US. An especial sad goodbye to Momo and britsimon - I have enjoyed our interactions.

Signing out,
Bye,
SusieQQQ

hi SusieQQQ,
I think you should stay, good deeds have the good returns and outcome, neglect him, we all kow who is Sussie, I can see you good spirit aiding me in many replies,

Dear all,

Signing out,
Bye,
SusieQQQ

hi Susie,
i think you should stay here , you gave a lot of good contribution to the forum, don't
let people depress you and just ignore them.

Dear All,

I am a DV2013 Selectee from Asia, i am in middle of my process to interview.
My main concern is I want to take my child later on may be in next 1-2 years.
What will be the impact of following my child later. Are there demerits in leaving her in birth country. Will i have to bear more cost and processing later to bring my child to US? Will she get the same status and benefits later that she will be getting when she goes now.
Please suggest.

How old is the child?
Where is the second parent of the child?
Is the main reason for you not to bring the child from the very beginning the costs and your freedom to search for work and work later?
Who will be staying with the child in birth country?

Susie I hope you will reconsider.

I suppose in a way we will all have a time where this forum is a part of our daily lives, and in a sense it is natural that our interest will diminish but those of us that are able to learn and advise others, as you do, provide a great deal of comfort and assistance to others at various stages of their journey. My first post in the forum (in the H1 section) went unanswered so I know how frustrating it can be if there are no willing volunteers who (with good humour/manners) dish out the answers to the same old questions.

Regarding Raevsky - yes I had noticed you had fallen into the trap of taking his comments too much to heart. That is a shame and can only lead to frustration which sours your experience - but remember without your input, the poor newbies will have more of the Raevsky bedside manner, so that is a shame.

In case you don't reconsider, I hope all goes well for you with your plans and that your journey to the US works out for you. Best wishes.

Simon

Hi Susie! I'm one of the newbies... And without Britsimon or you, I'll be lost in a hopeless journey thinking that "Raevsky said I didn't have a chance, so I don't have a chance." Then people like you give us hope... And I don't know what will happen, but I need it to complete this process. Please stay. We need you :)

Hi Susie! I'm one of the newbies... And without Britsimon or you, I'll be lost in a hopeless journey thinking that "Raevsky said I didn't have a chance, so I don't have a chance." Then people like you give us hope... And I don't know what will happen, but I need it to complete this process. Please stay. We need you :)

dont listen to those folks who say that u dont have chance, as long you got a CN you will have your chance like everybody did in this year bro ; do not let the haters ruin ur moral ;)

dont listen to those folks who say that u dont have chance, as long you got a CN you will have your chance like everybody did in this year bro ; do not let the haters ruin ur moral ;)

Thank you!!! it is very nice to feel that we have a chance... and scary to think that is not that easy. But I have hope... AND A CN!!! :)

It's really a shame to see you go. I'm sad to see he's back; I was hoping his ban was permanent.