good news about FBI name check

thankful

Registered Users (C)
To those of you whose casea are/were delayed by the so-called FBI name check, you might be interested in hearing this rumor:

The AILA grapevine says that the federal goverment has made a decision at a very high level to reform this process. The future policy is that if the FBI cannot grant clearance within a specific timeframe (we do not know yet what that timeframe is) then the USCIS will adjudicate the case without the name check result. If the case is approved and the name check later reveals negative information they will move to revoke the approval. In other words, the USCIS can no longer put a case in indefinite limbo because the FBI does not complete its work.

The successful court challenges around the country to the inexcusable delays probably contributed to this rumored change of heart. This shows once again how crucial the rule of law is to our democratic society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it sound good? Yes! but to me, it is useless. It already cost me countless years to get asylum status approved.

Life sucks!

Thanksful, Great news. When is this effective ? , do you have a full link for the article, any other detailled informations.
Thanks.

I hope they do process I-485 faster now

well my ND is 09/05 and I have done fingerprints - bio 3 and 1 ,and medical and I am still waiting. I cannot understand how it could take this long. At least I got my RTD recently.....lets hope that they process things faster with this new proposal from the govt.

I hope so too. My I-485 was provisionally approved in June 07, but pending FBI name check clearance. I wrote letters to Ombudsman, USCIS to no avail, the explanation i am getting from them is that it is out of their hand and that i am at the mercy of the mighty FBI.

this is just a made up, a speculation or rumor of Thankful. I don't think this is true or from reliable source, I don't believe a word of it. I went to Aila web, check the new releases. I even emailed their newsroom, ILANEWSROOM.ORG, reply came in negative, they totally ignore thankfull's statement
Let us be more serious, trustworthy and reliable.
Please stop fooling innocent people around, stop betraying forum members trust, by giving out erroneous and misleading information.
Thanks.

Themen, you are probably right, because he did not answer my questions. Thankfull provide us a LINK, or the source of your information.
Thanks anyway

(let alone a forum who has always delivered concrete and helpful information to us)

I cannot agree with you more. Thankful not has a keen understanding of immigration law and has extensive contacts in this field, he is also willing to share his knowledge with us. He was the one who first pointed out to me (using PM) the possibility of my applying for citizenship early. Some lawyers do not even know about this citizenship provision.

Thankful said that he heard this from the "grapevine." This could mean that he did not read about this in a publication. He could have heard about this from another person he knew.

At the very least before you question someone's honesty do your own due diligence and "google"

I cannot agree with you more. Thankful not has a keen understanding of immigration law and has extensive contacts in this field, he is also willing to share his knowledge with us. He was the one who first pointed out to me (using PM) the possibility of my applying for citizenship early. Some lawyers do not even know about this citizenship provision.

Thankful said that he heard this from the "grapevine." This could mean that he did not read about this in a publication. He could have heard about this from another person he knew.

At the very least before you question someone's honesty do your own due diligence and "google"

DHS has confirmed that USCIS will NOT approve cases without namecheck being complete. Read the section under "12/04/2007: DHS Reaffirm Its Policy Not to Approve Applications Without FBI Namecheck Results" in http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

Also, more information in general about name check delays can be found at -
http://triceiver.com/FBI_Name_Check.aspx

To Concorde

Your law is a canadian law, not a USA law.
Learn how to read and understand before judging.

Thankful, thanks for all your help.

Colombian

Colombian
Wow! I didn't know that Canada has a USCIS! nor did I know that they have a I-485!! nor did I know that they have a DHS!!!

So, I am sure(i am not "judging you"); I assume you know how to click on a link with the mouse and I assume that you can read English. BTW, I do assume you know the difference between "judging" and "providing information".

So, sorry my friend; for commiting the mistake of having provided some useful information(FACTS) to share with others.

STRONG HINT: pls direct your question of why Oh Law Firm has named their web page ../Canada.html to them. I had not brought it up till now because I felt it was out of scope of this thread&forum.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and definitely not a judge! Please use information provided at your own risk. I am not responsible if the reader does not click on the links/does not read the information provided.

Colombian
My friend, for your benefit, here is the excerpt from the very same link in my initial posting (I think it is time that you demonstrate your excellent reading and understanding skills HINT:I am not judging anything) -

12/04/2007: DHS Reaffirm Its Policy Not to Approve Applications Without FBI Namecheck Results

As we reported it day before yesterday, the current secuirty management environment is different from those in pre-9/11 era and does not allow any government actions that can seriously undermine the nation's homeland security regardless of any other issues that press a political or administrative action. This includes the immigration backlog. After the news reports that the DHS might adjudicate applications within certain period regardless of the secuirty clearance results, the DHS has come forward to clarify its position saying 'It Ain't Goiing to Happen!' There was one time unconfirmed report that the USCIS might have approved I-485 applications relating to the July VB flip-flap and need for its alleged efforts to wipe out the FY 2007 EB visa numbers before July 2007, raising a serious concern relating to its potential serious compromise of its primary mission of homeland security. Whether or not the USCIS indeed approved some I-485 applications during the period has never been verified or confirmed. Security lapse will constitute the most serious political liability for the government agencies in this day and age.