Going to court after sending N400, but before the interview.

Proxyon

Registered Users (C)
I will probably have to go to a court, because a collection agency will sue me for an unpaid medical bill. However, when I filled my application, I didn't lie or hide anything, because no court date was scheduled at that point. At the interview they will ask me if everything I filled out in my application is true, which of course is. However should I say I went to a court between the date I sent the application and the interview date. Can this prolong my naturalization process ?

I will probably have to go to a court, because a collection agency will sue me for an unpaid medical bill. However, when I filled my application, I didn't lie or hide anything, because no court date was scheduled at that point. At the interview they will ask me if everything I filled out in my application is true, which of course is. However should I say I went to a court between the date I sent the application and the interview date. Can this prolong my naturalization process ?

Collection agency suits are civil matters and don't affect naturalization eligibility, unless you were charged with something more serious like medical fraud.

Thanks,

but my question is if I go to court should I mention at the interview about that orally.

You don't have to mention civil lawsuits in the interview (unless specifically asked, and they won't ask unless it's for something like child support).

Thanks,

but my question is if I go to court should I mention at the interview about that orally.

Since it is not a criminal issue, I think you can refrain from mentioning it at the interview. But if they happen to question you regarding that, then do not deny or conceal anything. Good luck with the interview!