Going to be laid off after using AC21. Need Advise

Viswamohan

Registered Users (C)
I have used AC21 after 14 months of filing for 485 and became a full time employee at the company where I used to work as consultant. 6 months after joining as employee now they have announced layoffs. I am almost certain that I will loose my job. I am wondering what are my options now. I have the following questions:

1. Can I file for AC21 again from a new employer? (ofcourse it will be same skills etc.)

2. My RD is 12/22/2002. I found that USCIS has already started processing the cases filed in Dec, 2002. I think that my current company will let me stay for another couple of months. In the meantime, before I switch to a new employer, if the USCIS issues an RFE (god forbid) to show Paystubs, Employment letter etc. Can I send the EVL letter for future employment from the new employer and submit the current companies pay stubs and invoke the AC21 again?

I appreciate any comments and suggestions for my situation. Also, I appreciate if anybody tell me what are the different options I have now.

Thanks in Advance

Viswamohan said:
I have used AC21 after 14 months of filing for 485 and became a full time employee at the company where I used to work as consultant. 6 months after joining as employee now they have announced layoffs. I am almost certain that I will loose my job. I am wondering what are my options now. I have the following questions:

1. Can I file for AC21 again from a new employer? (ofcourse it will be same skills etc.)
--YES , they day you join send AC21 letter to USCIS so that they will have updated info in your I-485 file
2. My RD is 12/22/2002. I found that USCIS has already started processing the cases filed in Dec, 2002. I think that my current company will let me stay for another couple of months. In the meantime, before I switch to a new employer, if the USCIS issues an RFE (god forbid) to show Paystubs, Employment letter etc. Can I send the EVL letter for future employment from the new employer and submit the current companies pay stubs and invoke the AC21 again?
-- By law you can do it becase GC is for future job, if that happens and you get RFE better take the help of good lawyer
I appreciate any comments and suggestions for my situation. Also, I appreciate if anybody tell me what are the different options I have now.

Thanks in Advance