Going On A Cruise? Is It Advisable? What Do I Need?

Samrkhurana

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on H1B , my wife on H4 and our 3 month old baby (US Citizen) are planning to go on a cruise to Bahamas from any of the ports in Florida?

Do I need to get tourist visa for bahamas?

Has anybody been on a cruise ...on similar lines? Can you please share your experinces ? Suggest where to get the best deals? Fun places to visit in Bahamas?

Thanks

SAM

no need of visa to bahamas !

i travelled in Royalcaribbean from orlando last month to bahamas, iam in h1 and my wife in h-4 , you don;t need a visa to bahamas, the cruise will take your passports when u board and will return the passports to u on the previous day of your arrival.

But Make sure you have valid stamped visa to enter USA , they didn;t even take the i-94 , they asked us to fill a new i-94 but they never used.

Enjoy ur cruise it will be fun ! :)

How about travelling to Bahamas without having a H1 stamp on my passport?

I am on H1 visa (transfer from F1 to H1), and have not travelled outside the country since my H1 got approved. I have my I94 which arrived with my I797 approval. I understand, when I leave the country and plan to return to US, I need my passport stamped with H1 visa.

Can I travel to Bahamas, without having my H1 stamped and having an I94 from my H1 visa. Also, my fiance is on OPT until Oct 2007. Can she travel with me without any problems while reentering the country?

Please advise. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i booked on www.royalcaribbean.com but i compared on several sites like www.orbitz.com www.vacationstogo.com ... the price changes based on the season, usually during hurrican season (aug- nov) they are cheap . mostly every webiste shows same prices except there are some additional 5-10% additional booking fees, and some offers onboard credit , travel insurance and so on. so the best thing is to compare it urself.

i bought mine for $189+TAX+TIPS inside view room for a 4 night 3 days cruise to bahamas in oct tips generally $10 per day.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thinks it will be risky if u travel without h1-b stamping, but if u r really interested to go on a cruise u can try Cruise-to-NoWhere where they will take somewere in the middle of the ocean and return u back , iam guessing u don;t need a visa but inquire with the crise companies www.carnival.com is the one who does that.

U need a visa for Bahamas, but the travel agent/cruise co will take care of it.
If you do not have a H stamp, you are taking a risk (extreme circumstances only)

Did you finally go on that Cruise?

Hi,
I am on the same boat as you were last year. I have H1B visa but the stamp is expired. My employer has renewed the Visa and I have new I-797 but the passport doesn't have new Visa stamp. Is it advisable to travel on Cruise?

Did they take the current I94 from your passport away and issued new I94 on arriving back to US port?

Thank you,
-rikin.

Bahamas Visa !!??

Hi there .. I am also looking for some similar info .. am planning for a cruise to Bahamas from Florida ... have a valid L1 visa and my wife is on L2 visa ... not sure if we need to apply for a Bahamas visa or if the cruise folks would take care of it !!?? ... It looks like US Residents with ARC (Alien Registartion Card) does not need a visa but am not sure if I94 of an L1/L2 would be enough instead of an ARC .. If we really should apply for a visa, what would be be the best way to do so ? .... any help would be really appreciated ... thx in advance .. Regs .. Bijesh

visa to bahamas on a cruise?

I have been ia a cruises before to the bahamas...I am a green card holder and my parents are citizens from colombia i got them a visa, but when we get there i think they didn't check anything? i am trying to do another cruise but i don't know for real if they need visas...because i check with pretty much every island on the carribean an nobody need visas on cruises....

I need help!!!

Thanks

Bahamas Island through cruise - H1 and H4 visa

Hi guys Samrkhurana, onewebclick, jaxen and bijesh

I am planning to go on a cruise to Bahamas. I am on H1 and my wife on H4 visa ( valid )
Do I need to get any special Bahamas visa?
Or do the cruise line take care of it.
I called the cruise line. They dont give direct answer. They ask me to ask Indian consulate :(

Does anyone have experience going to Bahamas on cruise with H1 and H4 visas (No Green Card)?

Please help. Urgent.

Also important info about spending 2 days in bahamas ( like places to go and see, things to do, etc,... ) would be of great help.

Thanks