Going back what used to be home

copper1

Registered Users (C)
I have been on this forum for a year or so. This subject has come up more than often and I know this is a same old thing. However, I have decided to visit the country where I came from.

I was under 18 when my mother filed asylum and by time we got approved I was over 21. My I-485 app was separate; it was the same case for my underage siblings. It has been over a decade since we moved to the States. Tenants who don’t pay rent and wont leave occupy our property. Our bank accounts have not been touched in a decade and I am sick of this crap.

I have decided to go back and take are of this. As far as I am concerned I was a dependent, not a primary asylum applicant. Although my green card shows the category of AS6 that I believed means primary. Government has changed, I have grown up and I no longer feel threatened.

I do not believe there is a damn thing they will do against me upon my return and during my citizenship process. Someone has to do it and I plan to go early next year once I acquire the passport of my so-called home country. I will keep active with this forum until I will show that I have acquired my citizenship so others here wont have to be scared of USCIS taking actions against them for going back to home countries when their lives are no longer in danger.

Copper1

copper1 said:
I have been on this forum for a year or so. This subject has come up more than often and I know this is a same old thing. However, I have decided to visit the country where I came from.

I was under 18 when my mother filed asylum and by time we got approved I was over 21. My I-485 app was separate; it was the same case for my underage siblings. It has been over a decade since we moved to the States. Tenants who don’t pay rent and wont leave occupy our property. Our bank accounts have not been touched in a decade and I am sick of this crap.

I have decided to go back and take are of this. As far as I am concerned I was a dependent, not a primary asylum applicant. Although my green card shows the category of AS6 that I believed means primary. Government has changed, I have grown up and I no longer feel threatened.

I do not believe there is a damn thing they will do against me upon my return and during my citizenship process. Someone has to do it and I plan to go early next year once I acquire the passport of my so-called home country. I will keep active with this forum until I will show that I have acquired my citizenship so others here wont have to be scared of USCIS taking actions against them for going back to home countries when their lives are no longer in danger.

Copper1

Best of luck. But please dont have the attitude of "I dont give a damn what USCIS" ....Having a legal status in this country is a privilege..Please respect it or ask others who are waiting or others who are waiting to be an asylee.

Best of luck again.

wantmygcnow said:
Best of luck. But please dont have the attitude of "I dont give a damn what USCIS" ....Having a legal status in this country is a privilege..Please respect it or ask others who are waiting or others who are waiting to be an asylee.

Best of luck again.

First of all I woudl thank you for responding and wishingme luck.
(I am not starting anyting here, just making my point. I believe all of us have opinions and we must respect eachother)

With due respect. There is no LAW against going back to home country. therefore telling me to respect the law is not relivent. Maybe you are in forever bedt by the US government for giving you the asylee status. I believe I have paid my debt by being an honest and high tax paying resident. I agree that I am priviliged to be a US resident and for the record I am extemely loyal to this place that I consider to be my country, althought I am not it's citizen.
You also quoted me wrong. I did not say "I dont give a damn". Please read carefully. It says "I dont think there is a damn thing they can do"
Also I have done my fair share of 10 years of waiting, please dont tell me to ask others, I have been there and done that.

Copper

copper1 said:
First of all I woudl thank you for responding and wishingme luck.
(I am not starting anyting here, just making my point. I believe all of us have opinions and we must respect eachother)

With due respect. There is no LAW against going back to home country. therefore telling me to respect the law is not relivent. Maybe you are in forever bedt by the US government for giving you the asylee status. I believe I have paid my debt by being an honest and high tax paying resident. I agree that I am priviliged to be a US resident and for the record I am extemely loyal to this place that I consider to be my country, althought I am not it's citizen.
You also quoted me wrong. I did not say "I dont give a damn". Please read carefully. It says "I dont think there is a damn thing they can do"
Also I have done my fair share of 10 years of waiting, please dont tell me to ask others, I have been there and done that.

Copper

Ok good enough. Every man for himself...I also don't think telling us that you have done your fair share or that you dont think anyone can do anything..will really do anything for you..we are not the authority. If you have the guts, make an infopass appointment and say the exact same words to an officer.

If you want to go back..Go back..stop boasting that what have you done or you have paid your taxes...Say that to an officer..NO need to boast here.

wantmygcnow said:
Ok good enough. Every man for himself...I also don't think telling us that you have done your fair share or that you dont think anyone can do anything..will really do anything for you..we are not the authority. If you have the guts, make an infopass appointment and say the exact same words to an officer.

If you want to go back..Go back..stop boasting that what have you done or you have paid your taxes...Say that to an officer..NO need to boast here.

Why you getting nasty? I have the guts to say that to an INS officer, dude what's the worst that could happen? Deportation? The point is I dot have to. You provoke me and expect me not to make my point? Before this I thought you were a sensible person but I realize you are no different that MKHursh. Read your posts on this thread and see if they make sense to you. I don't think you qualify to be a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
copper1 said:
Why you getting nasty? I have the guts to say that to an INS officer, dude what's the worst that could happen? Deportation? The point is I dot have to. You provoke me and expect me not to make my point? Before this I thought you were a sensible person but I realize you are no different that MKHursh. Read your posts on this thread and see if they make sense to you. I don't think you qualify to be a moderator.

I am not getting nasty. As your point was that USCIS can't do anything to you if you return..My point was that Ok then why do you care what the board members say? You don't need our approval to go back, do you?

I think the problem with all of us..Not just you, me and others is that we come here with our problems right? And we try to find the "positive" answer to satisfy ourselves but we all, including ME do not have the guts to ask the real questions to an officer because we all can do that if possible.

Once in a while, you will get someone on here saying that "i want the right answer if somoene has returned home"...Heloooooooooooo no one knows...if you really have the guts then go and ask an Immigration offical..

My point was that.

Ok guys Stop it!!! No need to get personal... We are all angry on CIS in one respect or another and we are trying to vent our anger through wrong channel... we should be on the same side as far as CIS issues are concerned not firing back at each other...
Please.....

Thanks Copper1

Thanks Copper1 for sharing your thoughts on this. It will be interesting to listen to an actual experience and put an end to the speculations that have been made on this subject over the years. I respect your opinion because that is what this forum provides. A platform to voice your concerns and opinion and no one should have an issue with that.

Punjabi_Munda said:
Thanks Copper1 for sharing your thoughts on this. It will be interesting to listen to an actual experience and put an end to the speculations that have been made on this subject over the years. I respect your opinion because that is what this forum provides. A platform to voice your concerns and opinion and no one should have an issue with that.

Sure, I will definitley let you all know about my experience. For WMGC, I did not post this for approval or permission. I simply did to share my thoughts and my experiences. If you cant go back after GC then you cannot go back after USC because they can always say that you lied and on those basis strip you off your citizenship. Besides I have a legitimate reason to go and take care of this. I honestly dont care about that place because it has brough me nothing but pain and believe me when I say that.
Again, this is to share among members because in my poinion you too can visit your home once your life is no longer in danger.

copper1 said:
Sure, I will definitley let you all know about my experience. For WMGC, I did not post this for approval or permission. I simply did to share my thoughts and my experiences. If you cant go back after GC then you cannot go back after USC because they can always say that you lied and on those basis strip you off your citizenship. Besides I have a legitimate reason to go and take care of this. I honestly dont care about that place because it has brough me nothing but pain and believe me when I say that.
Again, this is to share among members because in my poinion you too can visit your home once your life is no longer in danger.

The key words here are "your life no longer in danger."

If you can easily show that country conditions have fundamentally changed (for example, such that people from that country are unlikely to be granted asylum TODAY) then you are perfectly OK to visit or renew passport. For most former asylees, however, there is no arguable country condition change.

Again if conditons change there should be no problem.

frombasra said:
The key words here are "your life no longer in danger."

If you can easily show that country conditions have fundamentally changed (for example, such that people from that country are unlikely to be granted asylum TODAY) then you are perfectly OK to visit or renew passport. For most former asylees, however, there is no arguable country condition change.

Again if conditons change there should be no problem.

Thank you.

Punjabi_Munda said:

PM,

I got back from home and no problem. I also have renewed NP. I did ask several attorneys and local IO and they all seem to have no problems with this. The conclusion that I draw, and this is to the best of my knowledge, is that since the conditions in my country have changed, I have no problem to go back. My asylum claim is definately not a fraud and I got approved even though that at the time of approval, my country is a safe place to go. Several attorneys told me that USCIS will not get into asylum specifics again even though that they may know about the new country conditions.

Question of returning to the "Country of prosecution" has been brought up on this board over and over but nobody has a definit answer. What i have heard so far are nothing but mere speculations. Generally, those who have been approved have a very positive approch towards this issue comparing to those who are still pending. They usually carry somewhat a negative thought. I would say listen to the people who have actually travelled to the country of prosecution and go from there instead of listening to someone who doest have a first hand experience about this ordeal. Again, this is just a thought so please don't kill me.

Good point

Noman and Samird, you both bring a good point. Listening to Samird, I kind of of agree with Samir. Because everyone has a different reason for asylum. Religous based and sexual orientation based cases usually don't pose an immediate life threat if someone goes back. They can go back for a couple of weeks and just take care of the business and come back but that doesn't mean they can live freely in their home country for the rest of their life. That's why they got the asylum in the first place. How will USCIS argure with that? Well they can't.

punjabi

you are absolutely right, n my case I wasn't prosecuted by the goverment, eventhough they did not give me enough protection, so I left my country, but everybody's case is different, I think nothing would happen to me if I'd go back for a few days, but I rather don't risk my status here.

the reality is....every human has some kind of attachment ,where they were born.where we had first sight of life.we cannt dispute to have some love ,deep inside us with the place we lived childhood or youth.then the conditions change with the time..social,political.economic...and we leave our birth places for living this life in the search of better or just to live.
and let me tell you, 99% people who got asylum would visit their home countries one day,off course including me.it's just matter of time ;to convince our minds..what's right or wrong in perspective of law.i get scare too,when i come back at the port of country after visiting abroad.but it's always the same.and it will remain the same.
not everybody are same in matter of decision making.some knows how to take the risk and some just wait for the risk free trial.
i will take this risk soon...THOUGH WITH SCARY THOUGHTS....?

why ur name is copper1? do u actually trade commodities? :eek: :rolleyes:

copper1 said:

Copper1

hahah, at the time it sounded cool to me. I don't trade anything. Just have a decent job as an E-commerce Analyst.