Going back to India

Re: Re: Re: Re: JoeF

Originally posted by JoeF
Am I so powerful that I can throw a discussion off on a tangent? Thanks for the compliment.
Let me be the first to tell you that you are NOT powerful. Also, why would you think this is a compliment when it is so obviously a criticism? Yet again, you refuse to see the error of your ways, and to admit when you are so blatantly wrong.
Why didn't you and the other guys who critize me threw the discussion the other way?
Check the thread! Other posters have tried, but you refuse to allow them to get back to the original subject of the thread. Instead, you continue to impose yourself on the general direction of the discussion. And once again, you are NOT powerful. You continually disregard valid comments on the nature of your posts, and eventually wear everyone down with your plain stubbornness and pig-headed style.
Instead, you just jump in when somebody else tries to pick a fight with me.
So let me ask you - why do people feel the need to fight with you? Have you ever stopped for one moment to consider the fact that YOU may be the actual cause of these attacks? If not, perhaps you should.
Let me tell you the secret to get me to shut up: participate in a constructive way in these discussions. I have not seen any constructive participation from the people who critize me here.
Your contributions are often not at all constructive, yet you continue to involve yourself when these facts are pointed out to you. The fact that you choose not to pay attention to these comments may be the starting point for the ill-will that is subsequently levelled against you. Have you thought about that?
All I see is some ad hominem attacks, and as a Usenet veteran I am quite immune to that.
Why do you think these attacks happen? Could it perhaps be due to your style? You call yourself outspoken, but I would suspect that many other people would call this behaviour irritating and destructive, especially when you choose to ignore constructive criticism. Also, as a self-professed Usenet veteran who is used to ad hominem attacks, I would have hoped that you would have learnt some restraint by now. If you had matured at all in your many years of posting on discussion groups, perhaps you wouldn't still be subject to so-called ad hominem attacks.

Your attempts at justification are weak and insufficient.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JoeF

Originally posted by vibro
...and eventually wear everyone down with your plain stubbornness and pig-headed style.
Quod erat demonstrandum. Thank you, JoeF, you proved my point.

JoeF - You are MAD

In the end I have to declare you Mentally Insane. You have not only shown that you have no mental balance but also that you are REALLY full of SHIT. Moderator - I am sorry to used dirty language but I have to because there one VERY HARD and VERY VERY stinky ASS on this forum. He refuses to budge.

JoeF we are all done with your so-called constructive discussion. Discussion with you is more destructive rather than constructive. So instead of telling others to grow up you must get out of here and try to find your brain which you seem to have lost in the dark woods of Western Europe. Or shall I say it was given off to Berlusconi as a bribe to get you into States :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D
You are declared a DICKHEAD henceforth.

Did you get the message??

JoeF, Read my lips!!

YOU STINK

do you get it? huh? Get it
Get it!get it! getit getit gettiigeteigetitietieeggeteititititi!!! HHHA

Now get off my dik!!!

note for the SOB Brigand

eh yo fuckin ass faced Brigand:
Come back when you have something constructive to say. The childish use of expletives just shows your immaturity and lack of manners. Grow up and act like an adult.

Ok! Going back to Going back to India

Hello Folks!!

Id like to bring us back to the conversation about Going back to India. I am planning on going back because my company is offering its employees a good salary (in INR) and a good position within the company if we choose to go back.

So Im still thinking whether I should take up that offer. Does any1 have any thoughts/advice?

Going back to India after GC.

How are you going to maintain the GC after moving back to India ? Do you have any children and how old are they ?

* The only option is to apply for a rentry permit (max 1-2 yrs.

What will you do after 1-2 yrs. (Travel 2 times/year to US) !!!

I am in the same dilemma. We've 2 children.

Please reply with your comments.

Regards

HariS

I GC is still being processed. My labor is done. Im plannning to go thru consular processing.

That should give me abt a year. As you said, I can stall for 1-2 years by the re-entry permit. The company would be sending me here on business trips anyways.

After 1-2 years, if I like it there, I will stay (and forget the GC). Otherwise, i come to the US and look for another job or find another job in India that will bring me here.

I have 1 kid (infant), so ideal stage to go back for a couple of years.
Thats my plan for now. What r your comments?

I am going back to India

After lot of thinking we have decided to return India. As my parents can't join us here on continues basis and with 2 young kids who are growing fast it looks like this is right time to return.
Before leaving I am planning to take extension for 2 years . In any case my kids are US citizens so if they wish they can always come back here in future.
Apart from responsibilities towards parents ,my personal opinion is if we can preserve our culture and tradition and put values in our kids then it doesn't matter where we are living.

If you dont mind my asking.

Could you tell me, how much $$ amount are you taking to India?

What is your salary in India?

Where will you be staying out there?

Back to Mumbai

I am going back to Mumbai . Still I don't have final offer from any of the company .
Being ERP pro I don't see any problem in getting job over there.
I am going to keep my savings over here and will withdraw on requirement basis

I have a friend in India who is now doing a project in Valsad - Gujarat.

He got a job with an indian company who pays him 80,000 per month. But no project for at least 6 months.

Projects for ERP in India are very very few and the available ppl are in huge numbers.

Make sure that your company has a suitable opening or they may try to get u to join their company and after 3 -6 months on bench with full salary try to emotionally black mail you to accept an opeing in Europe or elsewhere (Body Shopping)

Keep Your options open.....

Dont close the door to the USA......

reply to main discussion

I have received my gc a few months back. I am from Mumbai (Bombay) - India. I have visited Bombay just recently. I have resided in 4 countries in my life.

1- India
2- Gulf
3- East Africa
4- USA

After leaving India and living in the other 3 countries I have to say that I would try my level best to live in any country other than India. This is mainly because of economic reasons.

Here In USA we are able to do so many things which are not possible in India. Also the life in Bombay has become worse due to the increase in population and the strain on the city services. Imagine that pollution is so much that even stainless steel utensils get rusted there. Also within a few hours of cleaning you will find a thin layer of dust on the furniture.

You have to really experience the slums of Bombay to understand the mess that Bombay is.

People have all talked about corruption etc etc .... This is common in India.

After driving on the freeways in Los Angeles I have to say that it would be very difficult for me to live in India.

Also if you compare the food handling in US to the food handling in a restaraunt in India....... words fail me.

Yes... There is a difference in culture in USA and the Indian culture... but this is the life here..... 200 million ppl here and it is different everywhere.... differences are present even in different parts of India.

In Assam there is a practice in rural area for one man to get married to all girls in the house and he does nothing , no work at all.. The ladies cook, clean, go for jobs, earn money etc etc.. The man just chats with his friends, smokes all day and lazes about.

Who are we to judge the ppl in Assam as to if this is right or wrong ?

So I encourage ppl in this discussion not to talk about US morals and the way of life here.

USA is the land of opportunity ..... I am very happy to be a part of the USA

I have a question about the corruption in India and pardon
me if I sound ignorant.

India is a democracy unlike my home country which is
one party dictatorship. So why do not the Indians simply
vote corrupt officials out?

Re: reply to main discussion

Originally posted by rsrgc
I have received my gc a few months back. I am from Mumbai (Bombay) - India. I have visited Bombay just recently. I have resided in 4 countries in my life.

1- India
2- Gulf
3- East Africa
4- USA

After leaving India and living in the other 3 countries I have to say that I would try my level best to live in any country other than India. This is mainly because of economic reasons.

Here In USA we are able to do so many things which are not possible in India. Also the life in Bombay has become worse due to the increase in population and the strain on the city services. Imagine that pollution is so much that even stainless steel utensils get rusted there. Also within a few hours of cleaning you will find a thin layer of dust on the furniture.

You have to really experience the slums of Bombay to understand the mess that Bombay is.

People have all talked about corruption etc etc .... This is common in India.

After driving on the freeways in Los Angeles I have to say that it would be very difficult for me to live in India.

Also if you compare the food handling in US to the food handling in a restaraunt in India....... words fail me.

Yes... There is a difference in culture in USA and the Indian culture... but this is the life here..... 200 million ppl here and it is different everywhere.... differences are present even in different parts of India.

In Assam there is a practice in rural area for one man to get married to all girls in the house and he does nothing , no work at all.. The ladies cook, clean, go for jobs, earn money etc etc.. The man just chats with his friends, smokes all day and lazes about.

Who are we to judge the ppl in Assam as to if this is right or wrong ?

So I encourage ppl in this discussion not to talk about US morals and the way of life here.

USA is the land of opportunity ..... I am very happy to be a part of the USA

I am really confused by your argument about staying in USA for economic reasons. By economic reason, do u mean quality of living??

If you want to choose to stay at a place just for how much you earn, I would think the middle east would be the best place, (high salary, low to no taxes). In the US, once you move into the 100K plus range, you pay at least 40-45% taxes (includes all payroll taxes, sales taxes, service taxes(phone/cell), property taxes) etc. So, you end up keeping just half of what u earn.

Compared to India and the rest of the world, US offers a better quality of life and freedom of oppurtunity. No other country in the world offers that (at least I am not aware of one). Things are changing in India too.

As far a corruption is concerned, it totally depends on how you define corruption. Economic corruption is here for everyone to see. Enron/Worldcom are just examples of the malice that is part of the system. Political corruption is codifed here, not so in other countries. 10K per plate dinners are called fund raisers here, in other countries it is called corruption. Just depends how u look at things.

I am pretty sure, people who want to go back to India or for that matter any place, are not leaving cause they are unhappy with US, they are chosing a different direction in life.

And I will not talk about morals, is because morals is very cultural. What morals we condemn today, would be part of our grand-children/great grand-children should we choose to stay here

Freedom also matters. I don't want to live in a country
such as a middle east country where I can put to death by
saying the mainstream religion there is bogus. I can do
that freely in the USA.