Going back to desh.. Are my savings enough ? Please read and respond if you can..

blister1889

Registered Users (C)
I am tired of this GC crap and I am seriously planning to go back to desh and was wondering if my savings are enough to live comfortably there. Of course, I plan to work there for my day to day living costs but I do not want to be concerned if I do not find work for a few months or if I quit for some time if I do not like the work. In the worst case, assuming I never work will my savings be enough ?

I have lived here for 8.5 years and have not been to desh for 7 yrs now. i had a good run here for a few years and have about Rs 2 crores in savings. i also have a house in bombay. assuming i go back, is that amount enough for me to live comfortable in mumbai or pune without working and just living off the interest ? what is your opinion ?

Are any of you guys thinking the same. Also, What is the average savings of people, I am curious? Am I on the high side or low side or average ?

WOW man Rs. 2 Crore!!! I don't know about Mumbai but in Pune you can live a very luxurious life, assuming ofcourse the cost of leaving is going to increase with time but they you are also going to work for day to day living.

--Naveen Oshos
blister1889 said:
I am tired of this GC crap and I am seriously planning to go back to desh and was wondering if my savings are enough to live comfortably there. Of course, I plan to work there for my day to day living costs but I do not want to be concerned if I do not find work for a few months or if I quit for some time if I do not like the work. In the worst case, assuming I never work will my savings be enough ?

I have lived here for 8.5 years and have not been to desh for 7 yrs now. i had a good run here for a few years and have about Rs 2 crores in savings. i also have a house in bombay. assuming i go back, is that amount enough for me to live comfortable in mumbai or pune without working and just living off the interest ? what is your opinion ?

Are any of you guys thinking the same. Also, What is the average savings of people, I am curious? Am I on the high side or low side or average ?

My guess

My guess about you is that you should not settle in a city which is a costly one. Maybe smaller cities like Chennai,Calcutta,Pune etc good for you. You can leave a comfortable life in India with that amount in hand. You will get at lease 12 laks income as interest. Deduct tax and you will have at lease 8 lakhs per year. So that means like 70 thousand per month which is good enough. You mentioned you have house in Bombday so you can sell that in case you move.

Now you will be doing job which will give you cushion for your retirement days. So go for it ....

There are some people who post non sense post and change name like girgit.
like catdog, blister1889, and many more. see join date before you reply to these kind of post. This guys has changed the name min 4 times.

With that kind of money I'll not visit immigration.com :D for suggestions..
PS: No matter what you have got you can’t cross Bill Gates. See Domino movie to learn “There are three kind of people in the world, the rich, the poor and every one in between

To Mr. brij

Brij

I am not sure why you are calling me catdog. I used to be on this till 2002 till I got my GC and am now debating what to do Return or not. It's true I just joined because I forgot my old name and password. I am not catdog .
do you understand ?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 crores or 5 crores. you'll regret it if you return. just keep the GC and enjoy life. lot of people will gladly exchange places with you. so don't come here to rub salt on people's wounds.

Your first post is
I am tired of this GC crap
and the last one says
I got my GC
which is true

you do look like fooling around everyone
blister1889 said:
Brij

I got my GC and am now debating what to do
do you understand ?

I am following catdog etc etc's post for long time. I am not really sure why this person is spending so much time to send us back home. I assume that he/she is a secret agent for our govt's "anti-brain drain" plan and working very hard for it.

blister1889 said:
Brij

I am not sure why you are calling me catdog. I used to be on this till 2002 till I got my GC and am now debating what to do Return or not. It's true I just joined because I forgot my old name and password. I am not catdog .
do you understand ?

1. Forgot the password? System can email you back.
2. Got GC ? There is a different forum for GC Holders. :D

go to Himalayas....

blister1889 said:

If you really want to live comfortably...then donate all of your money to poor people and go to Himalayas....

That is the best you can do it for now....

vetagaadu said:
If you really want to live peacefully...then donate all of your money to poor people and go to Himalayas....

That is the best you can do it for now....
:), thats a good suggestion
--Naveen Ohso

blister1889

This forum is wonderful and lot of people share their experiences and advices.
As per brij you look like same person with different IDs playing in this forum.
I believe your IP can be tracked.Better shut your shop in this forum for good.

some analysis

Ok...lemme do some maths about Mr Blisters post.
he has 2 carores Rs. which is eqv. to 434K USD.
and he accumulated it in 8.5 years....very nice!
and that means 55K $ saving every year. Note that in 1996, when he supposidly came to US, the average salery of a fresh US graduate with a BE degree and minimal experiance was about 50K. But since Blister was very lucky, he was able to grab a Manager position, on H-1 visa (yeah companies sometimes take this risk), with a salary of about 80K on his arrival from Gaandpur....so he was able to save 54K after taxes and yearly expenses. OR another scenrio could be that he ws roughly making 60K but then he slept on streets or the office parking lot and travled on buses with a fake student card. so that way he could have saved 54K per year....niceee job...
I think you should better move back to INDIA so that USA can get rid of atleast one jerk like you...people like you even put condoms in the laundry for reuse :)

blister is caught

Blister

this is a wonderfull forum. Dont destroy this by putting crap posts. Your first post says ' your are tired of GC waiting' , now you are saying you got GC in 2002. What is correct. Are you the same 'catdog'.

I regrett that with good minds I replied to your post. Now your huge savings total also does not seem real.

Swas
:rolleyes:

Without getting into the debate of the legitamacy of the first posters statement, let me suggest a great message board for anyone who's thinking of returming to India. Here is the link:
http://groups.msn.com/R2IClub/general.msnw

Here you will see there are many many who are R2I (returning to India), and who post having the same kind of savings or MORE, as blister posted. I will receommend this site to everyone thinking to R2I.

Especially interesting is the finance forum: http://groups.msn.com/R2IClub/r2ifinancegroup.msnw

When I said I was tired of all the GC crap, I did not mean to say I don't have GC. Yes, I have GC. I just meant all the dates going back and forth. They do not affect me directly but nevertheless do cause me pain to see my fellow citizens suffer.
I am not dogcat or anybody. I am only thinking of going back meself - all others can stay here.

don't worry for us

blister1889 said:
They do not affect me directly but nevertheless do cause me pain to see my fellow citizens suffer.

Don't worry about us. We will take care ourselves....

It seems this guy has nothing better to do..

qwerty1111 said:
blister = catdog = IndiraGandhi (from DBEC forum)

Blister = catdog= indiragandhi=alhindi=ppk_walther=you can put all kind of adjectives=kuttekidoom