Give your Opinion

ray1

Registered Users (C)
In india we have a dish called kadi which is made of buttermilk. \'Kadi pattas\'(leaves) are added to add flavor. But once the flavor enters the dish the \'kadi pattas\' are removed and thrown. Don\'t you feel that H1b are treated the same way. They want foreign talent but don\'t want to keep them permanently.
When an employer applies for H1b it means there is scarcity of talent in that sector and thus obtains a LC. Why can\'t this LC be used as permanent LC. Why should we undergo the labor certification again.
1) One way to straighten this very fast :if people refuse to enter US on H1b on temporary status. If people refuse then jobs will start going offshore which the government may not like.
2)Another way is to ammend the law this way: A person who enters US on H1b should be allowed to file his own papers for adjustment of status after completing 2 years in this country without losing his job i.e. he should have 24 pay stubs without a break). If the country required him for 2 years then why should he be at their mercy.
I hope Khanna saab reads this and gives his opinion

Yup! But there is more to it

The assumption is that all H-1 holders are talent. That is not always true. Nevertheless, the market should take care of that. Only the needed H-1 holders should thrive if the market behaves as it should.

The problem is that GC/H-1 process is so thoroughly entrenched in papers and procedures, it leads to all sorts of bizarre consequences. I have been thinking that we should get H-1 holders organized.

Not the employers, not the lawyers, not the self serving so called "well wishers" - just people. If some one takes a lead, I can guide us and support us through some major legislative and public media lobbying. I am a little pressed for time. I have been thinking of this for a couple of weeks. Interested? Rajiv.

PS Even yesterday, a reporter from NPR, called me to interview some H-1 holders for the troubles they have seen. If we had an organization, it would have worked. BTW, she is still looking for people. Wanna talk to her? send me mail.

No Title

I support youmy dear. We need to organize ourself and form one group. Thanks........

No Title

I am actually the spouse of a H1 holder and I am on H4 rotting since I don\'t have a professional degree with 2 children in high school and hence unable to even think of returning. I would like to write to the reporter.

Lets plan

Guys ...let plan for this.
ISN.org could potentially be one of the umbrella organizations through which we could try and represent our issues.