GINNU - Need your help - can I go for AC 21 ???

medurisu

Registered Users (C)
Here is my case details:

- Working for emplr 'A' on a valid visa
- Initiated GC process with substitue labor through emplr 'B' ; I140, EAD and AP approved. I485 will be pending for 180 days on Jul 11, 2005

Question:

Can I join emplr 'C' who is offering similar/same job with good salary by applying AC21 ??

Pls remember I haven't worked even a single day with my GC sponsor.

Any advice is greately appreciated.

thanks once again

Yes. As long as the job duties are the same or similar to what was filed in your labor certification. Your I-140 must be approved and I-485 must be pending for 180 days.

medurisu said:
Here is my case details:

- Working for emplr 'A' on a valid visa
- Initiated GC process with substitue labor through emplr 'B' ; I140, EAD and AP approved. I485 will be pending for 180 days on Jul 11, 2005

Question:

Can I join emplr 'C' who is offering similar/same job with good salary by applying AC21 ??
--------yes
Pls remember I haven't worked even a single day with my GC sponsor.
----------- that is not needed, GC is for future job

Any advice is greately appreciated.

thanks once again

ginnu & grunggy,
My case is same as medurisu.
----> I am working for company A on H1B. My H1B expires on Aug 05.

----> My future employment for GC process using substitue labor through company B; I-140, EAD and AP approved. I485 is pending for more than 1 yr.

My questions are :-
a) Can i continue working for company A using EAD starting Aug 05? If yes, do i need to apply for AC21?

b) I heard by not working for company B at all before I-485 approval would result in transfer of case to local office ?

c) Why does case get transfer to local office?

I appreciate your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnu,
I have another question.
Suppose GC is sponsored by an employer as a case of future employment but you intend to join and work for sponsorer only after 485 approval.Is it possible to get approval with just the current offer letter from the sponsorer without actually working before I-485 approval.
What can be the answer if there is an RFE for paystubs when you have not worked for the sponsor.

regarding_gc said:
Ginnu,
I have another question.
Suppose GC is sponsored by an employer as a case of future employment but you intend to join and work for sponsorer only after 485 approval.
Is it possible to get approval with just the current offer letter from the sponsorer without actually working before I-485 approval.
-----> Yes
What can be the answer if there is an RFE for paystubs when you have not worked for the sponsor.
------> You can provide pay-stubs from the current employer.

Hi Ginnu

Pls answer below two questions:

i) Can I start working with employer 'C' and then apply for AC21 ??? or should I first get approved AC21 to start work with employer 'c'
ii) Normally how long does it take to get AC21 approved/rejected ???

Thank you

hopeofgc said:
ginnu & grunggy,
My case is same as medurisu.
----> I am working for company A on H1B. My H1B expires on Aug 05.

----> My future employment for GC process using substitue labor through company B; I-140, EAD and AP approved. I485 is pending for more than 1 yr.

My questions are :-
a) Can i continue working for company A using EAD starting Aug 05? If yes, do i need to apply for AC21?

b) I heard by not working for company B at all before I-485 approval would result in transfer of case to local office ?

c) Why does case get transfer to local office?

I appreciate your response.

Ginnu/UN/Other Guru's, Pls respond to my above questions.