Getting passport-how long?

ketanco

Banned
Hello, how much time does it take from the date you are approved for citizenship and getting your passport - if you apply as soon as possible...Or from the date you apply N400 to get US passport. If it takes long, is there another travel document that temporarily takes the place of US passport? In other words, I want to know if, how soon after getting your oath, you are okay to travel abroad... Thanks

The national passport centers can process your passport the same day/next day with proof of travel within 14 days.
Otherwise, processing for mailing in your application can take anywhere from 1-5 weeks.

so you are saying that we can apply /eligible for it the next day we take oath ?

You can apply for your passport as soon as your oath is completed - and you have received your Certificate (which happens at oath ceremony). Some of the larger oath ceremonies even have staff accepting passport applications at the same site immediately after the oath ceremony.

In the time period between oath and receiving your US passport, there is no other travel document that is acceptable for international travel. (except for Enhanced DL's only availbable in certain states, for land borders).

You can apply for your passport as soon as your oath is completed - and you have received your Certificate (which happens at oath ceremony). Some of the larger oath ceremonies even have staff accepting passport applications at the same site immediately after the oath ceremony.

True, you can apply for passport as soon as oath is complete. However, giving the application on the oath site will only delay as it will be processed in the 1-5 week range. You need to go to passport agency (with prior appointment if possible) to get same day / next day passport. Start looking for appointments 2 weeks before oath, and depending on the time of oath, you could even visit same day.

True, you can apply for passport as soon as oath is complete. However, giving the application on the oath site will only delay as it will be processed in the 1-5 week range. You need to go to passport agency (with prior appointment if possible) to get same day / next day passport. Start looking for appointments 2 weeks before oath, and depending on the time of oath, you could even visit same day.

But would they ask for travel documenets in the passport agency?

Fees

Hi, Does anyone know is there any additional fee for applying at the Reginald Passport Center with appointment ?. Is it the same as the expedited service fee they charge if I apply at the post Office ? I couldn’t find any info one this
Thanks

Hi, Does anyone know is there any additional fee for applying at the Reginald Passport Center with appointment ?. Is it the same as the expedited service fee they charge if I apply at the post Office ? I couldn’t find any info one this
Thanks

It is the same as the expedited fee.

Does it need to be expedited service if one has to apply at Passport Agency?

Does one need to submit the original naturalization certificate along with the application if applied at Passport Agency?