Getting married to a Mexicana with a tourist visa.

dirtfling90

Registered Users (C)
Hello Forum,
I need advise and I don't know who to ask at this point so I want to make a ditch effort and post on this forum. I am engaged to a sweet little Mexican lady who I met at school 4 years ago and we don't know quite how to go about getting married and handling papers. She currently has a tourist visa that expires in 2023 and her i-94 expires Jan 28 2014. She came back to the states from Mexico in late July and I have proposed to her since then obviously. She didn't come with the intention of staying forever but now that we are engaged it changes things a bit. I don't have money to pay for plane tickets to send her back to mexico and then bring her back plus pay for a K-1 visa as well as the adjustment of status. We decided since we didn't have a lot of money and that she entered the US honestly we would be best off going and getting married at the courthouse sometime before her visa expires and then get papers moving for the adjustment of her status. She is 22 and I am soon to be 23 and we are just starting out in life with out wealthy parents so we need to get this done as cheaply as possible. If any additional information is needed I would be than happy to answer all other questions.

Sincerely,
Josh

Were you both romantically involved before she last entered the US? You proposed to her after she entered the US, that is fine, but if you were romantically involved prior to her last entry to the US and/or prior to her B-2 visa application, then you both may be in a spot of bother if you do down the AOS route. If not, and the romantic relationship developed after her entry into the US, you both should be fine with her AOS.

I need advise and I don't know who to ask at this point so I want to make a ditch effort and post on this forum.