Getting married after asylum approve ???

Daniela Coronad

Registered Users (C)
Hello, my question is: can I get married after my asylum approved? The problem is that my fiance is not american citizen, not residence, he is german and he is in the US with a work visa. In October this year, he will apply for GC but I don't know if my situation in the country (asylee) can affect his process for GC or is a problem for me for my actual status? Please help me, I need some help!!!!! :confused:

yes

1. yes, you can get married.
2. there will be no impact on your future husband's applicaiton for GC based on his working visa.
3. But your future husband is not qualified to be derived asylee or apply GC based on your status.
hope it help.

Derivate status other question

Thank you, really he is not interested in the derivate status of my asylum because his process is totally diferent. I am worried is because I don't know if I get married I can lose my status (asylee) and I get his status visa (H1B o H2B) and I can lose my employment autorization, because the derivative visa H1B cannot have employment autorization, and also we want to keep our status separalety because I need a job. Thank you :rolleyes:

Daniela Coronad said:
Thank you, really he is not interested in the derivate status of my asylum because his process is totally diferent. I am worried is because I don't know if I get married I can lose my status (asylee) and I get his status visa (H1B o H2B) and I can lose my employment autorization, because the derivative visa H1B cannot have employment autorization, and also we want to keep our status separalety because I need a job. Thank you :rolleyes:

This is NOT going to be a problem.

yea ...

that's the beauty of it. Our hubby status won't affect our status. in fact if the future hubby is a USC, we can upgrade our file (like for example if I am still an asylee, I can get gc faster by marrying USC)

Miss.PinK said:
that's the beauty of it. Our hubby status won't affect our status. in fact if the future hubby is a USC, we can upgrade our file (like for example if I am still an asylee, I can get gc faster by marrying USC)

This is necessarily faster any more. When the cap was in place marrying a citizen was of course a big short cut for asylees. But now both types of green cards are not subject to any quotas. It is a matter of how efficient the USCIS is.