Getting Housing Loan as an Asylee.

eljay

Registered Users (C)
One of my friend told me that, when we apply for a housing loan, the lending agencies will askes about the immigration status and also required to fax aacopy of the permanant residence card (Green Card).
Is this correct?
Do we have to submit our green card copy to get housing loan?
Is there any mortgage rate increse for asylee those who have no green cards in hand to prove permanent residency?
Did eny body in this forum applyed for housing loan? and what is the experience?

One of my friend told me that, when we apply for a housing loan, the lending agencies will askes about the immigration status and also required to fax aacopy of the permanant residence card (Green Card).
Is this correct?
Do we have to submit our green card copy to get housing loan?
Is there any mortgage rate increse for asylee those who have no green cards in hand to prove permanent residency?
Did eny body in this forum applyed for housing loan? and what is the experience?

In general this is not a problem. Asylees with good credit scores get competitive home loans.

Your loan rate depends on your credit, not on your status. If you feel the rate they are giving you is not good, go somewhere else until you find one you feel comfortable with.

Hi,

I work with mortgages and I know for sure your status is not an issue. Your interest rate depends on your credit score! Since I can process loan in 50 states, I can help you with getting a good loan, just send me a PM if you are interested.

As far as i know - there is 1 person with H1 visa, who's got the loan recently, so the abcense of permanent residence shouldn't be an isuue. The only issue is when you are out of status, which you are not. So, good luck. :)

House Loan for asylum

you don't need to have green card,if you need good rate and low paymant ,i'm loan officer please call me i expalin you and give you best deal ,8186400926 ,My name is Edgar

Given the current situation in mortgage industry, i wouldn't be surprise if they require you to show them your permanent resident status (GC) + a high FICO.

And speaking from personal experience, most of the knuckleheads don't even understand what an "Asylum Status" is to be honest with you.

There are some cases where people got approved regardless of their status but things are tightening up in home loan industry now. Due to mass defaults and foreclosures in recent months, lenders will be looking alot more deeper than they previously did.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the latest about my loan.
Finally they asked Green Card.

"Below is a list of items I need from you at this time. You can email these items to me or fax them to the number below.

1. A copy of a current paycheck stub.
2. A copy of your 2005 & 2006 W-2's.
3. A copy of your permanent resident alien card.
4. A copy of your most recent 2 months bank statement on all accounts (all pages).

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call. "

As an Asylee how can I give Permanent resident alian card?

This is the latest about my loan.
Finally they asked Green Card.

"Below is a list of items I need from you at this time. You can email these items to me or fax them to the number below.

1. A copy of a current paycheck stub.
2. A copy of your 2005 & 2006 W-2's.
3. A copy of your permanent resident alien card.
4. A copy of your most recent 2 months bank statement on all accounts (all pages).

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call. "

As an Asylee how can I give Permanent resident alian card?

Go to Quicken Loans (www.quickenloans.com). They do not ask for copies of immigration papers.

I got mortgage last year without problem. I gave them 1-94 card with indication of my asylum status and they accepted. Good Luck!