Getting H1 visa stamped from Toronto

sk-1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have an appointment within a few weeks at the US consulate in Toronto to get H1 visa stamped. I have been on H1 for the last 2.5 years and before that was on F1.

I would like to know from those who have gone to Toronto after Sept 11 (to get their H1 visa stamped) of their experience. Would I have to surrender the I 94 card when crossing the border? Also, are they asking for any additional documents other than those listed on the application package?

Thanks in advance.

You can keep your I-94

Hi sk-1
I would be interested in hearing about your experiences in Toronto. I have an appointment in early January to get a new visa stamp.

My advice would be to take any piece of paper remotely related to your request. If you\'ve been a student in the US, take transcripts, diplomas, degrees, copies of all I-20s etc. It\'s better to be safe than sorry.

Do not surrender your I-94 when crossing the border. If you\'re flying, and the airline employee at the check-in gate tries to remove it, insist on keeping it. Under the continguous territory rule, if you are in Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days with a valid I-94, and your status is still valid when you cross back into the US, you can be admitted without a valid visa stamp.

Good luck! Again, I\'ll be interested in hearing about your experiences.

No Title

Buddy, please check with toronto again. Last heard they are cancelling all the existing appointments effective immediately.
Check before you go..

Check Again

To my knowledge they have cancelled all the appointments, so you must check with them before making any travel plans.

Toronto NIV applications

Just an FYI, I called the US Consulate General in Toronto this morning asking if there are any cancellations for appointments schedule for NIV application. I\'ve been informed that you are going to receive a call from them if your appointment is being cancelled.

Multiple visa stamping in Canada/Mexica

Hi All,

I have been following the news. No one has yet called me up from Toronto consulate. I am not sure what to do. I will try to call them early next week. I will keep on watching the websites....

I may just go and get this done from India when I go in the next few months. It may take a few extra days but atleast it will not have any of this confusion.

Visa Stamping restarted

Just found out that they have began processing the visa processing in Canada and Mexico.
I have got appoint ment today for Jan 16th.
One question is Will I get my passport back on the same evening if I am approved? or I need to wait till Next day evening to get it back?

Got my visa in Toronto this week

They have restarted third-country national NIV processing in Canada and Mexico. One can make appointments through nrvs.com as before.
I got a new R-1 visa stamped in my passport in Toronto earlier this week with no hassles. Make sure you have all the documentation you need for your particular visa category. The Toronto consulate returns the visa the next day only. I believe the consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico returns the visa the same day. I don\'t know about any others.
All the best!