Getting fired from job and impact on Citizenship

teacher2003

Registered Users (C)
Here is the case:
got my Green card thru employer X in Mar 2004.

. I switched to Employer Y in Nov 2004

. I am still with employer Y, but suddenly due to some rash talks with team mates ,my boss doesn't like me anymore and may fire me soon by making up some reason.

. I have plans to go overseas in next 10 days. If I get fired, I am worried if I can go overseas (for 4 weeks) and return back to US in mid-November without any problems.

. Also , I recently got offer from another company (say company Z).

. Will getting fired have any impact on my immigration status (citizenship) like getting new job at company Z and most importantly my travel overseas, which I have to take up due to family issues

Thanks
Desi guy

Please try and limit things to one thread. Unless you were fired for criminal activity, there's no impact to your naturalization.

Getting fired is not a crime unless you got fired for committing a crime. Relax there's nothing to fear there.

Thanks!
I am good perfomer, but the reason my peers/manger don't like me is because they percieve me to be "hard to work with" though I work at least 2 twice hard as them :(. They think I am insensitive to people (which I am not) and don't respect diversity (which again is not true)
Thanks for your answers.

Thanks!
I am good perfomer, but the reason my peers/manger don't like me is because they percieve me to be "hard to work with" though I work at least 2 twice hard as them :(. They think I am insensitive to people (which I am not) and don't respect diversity (which again is not true)
Thanks for your answers.

Bottom line is that in the event that they fire you, this won't affect your GC or application for citizenship. Anyway, you said you had some rash words with colleagues so that kind of tells me they might have some partial reason about you being hard to work with. Anyway, ask a good friend for his/her advice about your behavior. We human beings are notoriously bad about finding defects in our own personality and behavior. As long as travel overseas is of less than six months you should be fine. Moving to company Z should also not have any negative impact.

Even though dow jones plunged +700 points today...they say life goes on....

no impact on your immigration status - enojy time away from this economy.....