getting a green card

nicnoks

I am currently on a HIB with my company, they've agree to apply for a green card for me and cover all expenses, but want me to commit a minimum of 8yrs to the company... is there a way I could apply for the green card myself (cover the cost) not through the company but use the company as my sponsor so as to avoid the tie in of 8yrs that my company is setting. How long does it take to get the green card? :confused:

nicnoks said:
I am currently on a HIB with my company, they've agree to apply for a green card for me and cover all expenses, but want me to commit a minimum of 8yrs to the company... is there a way I could apply for the green card myself (cover the cost) not through the company but use the company as my sponsor so as to avoid the tie in of 8yrs that my company is setting. How long does it take to get the green card? :confused:

8 years is a long time... Are they going to draw a contract? Sounds funky. You need them to be a sponsor, but that's for what they demand 8 years, right?

Green card for brother

I will apply an American green card for my brother and his family, do i need to fill one form out for his family or fill each one of them? Also if i change my address later, how could i let the immigration office notice my change?
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
feibrother said:
I will apply an American green card for my brother and his family, do i need to fill one form out for his family or fill each one of them? Also if i change my address later, how could i let the immigration office notice my change?
Thank you!