General Discussions

joyd

Registered Users (C)
Please use this thread for all general discussions instead of posting in the tracker threads. The tracker threads should be specifically used for tracking purposes.

Wait time for 140/485/765/131 Receipt Date?

Hi Everybody,
I am new to this forum. Could anybody let me know the wait time for Receipt date of 140/485/765/131? . My attorney told me that he mailed my documents on August 11th 2004. I appreciate your help.

antropeter said:
It usually takes anytime between a week to month depending upon the volume of the petitions.
Thank you very much antroper!

I forgot to get I-134(Affidavit of support) document notarized, will it cause a RFE? Please answer

VSC EB3 140/485/765/131 Mail Date 08/11/2004

saffronizeddesi said:
Thank you very much antroper!

I forgot to get I-134(Affidavit of support) document notarized, will it cause a RFE? Please answer

VSC EB3 140/485/765/131 Mail Date 08/11/2004

Please don't feel offended.
Tell me how can you and your attorney miss that.
Was it like your attorney did not know that I-134 needs to be notarized? :mad:

Bodhal Singh said:

First of all thank you very much for your help.My friend, It was mine as well as my attorney's mistake. I came to know that couple of my friends didn't even file that form and got 140/485 approved. Is that form(I-134) mandatory?

Even I didnt submit that form with my 485...As per my attorney, that form is required if you are applying with your dependent children.
Thanks
gcva

gcva said:
Even I didnt submit that form with my 485...As per my attorney, that form is required if you are applying with your dependent children.
Thanks
gcva

Thanks gcva,I am married and do not have dependent kids.

What next......

Hello,

I got my 140 approved and planning to buy a house but I wanted to wait till my 485 is cleared so that there wont be any problems, after what stage I can think iam safe getting GC.

What do they check for 485.

Please advise.

Kat

I got an RFE on I-140 for Credential Evaluation. I already had my credentials evaluated by TrustForte in 1997 for my H1B. I don't know if that can be used or it has to be done afresh. The initial evaluation had stated that my degrees is equivalent to a US degree of Master of Science in Computer Science. I have an MCA degree from Gujarat University.

Let's see what happens in my case. Any comments are welcome.

If your earlier evaluation from Trustforte matches the requirement on the LC, you are fine. Go ahead and use it. Getting a RFE is a good sign (as long as you can answer it satisfactorily). Approval is around the corner...Good Luck

Thank you very very much for the good luck. I don't know what has been stated on my LC, but generally i have seen that it is a bachelor's degree.

Hope that it matches.

EAD Processing Times

Gurus, can anyone help me understand my situation?
VSC shows that they r processing Aug'30 cases but my notice date is on 23 rd Aug and so far no LUD/RFE. What does it mean?

VSC dates can be decieving. Patience! Anyhoo, if your application is delayed more than 90 days, you may go to a local INS center and get an interim EAD.

goose_doodle said:
VSC dates can be decieving. Patience! Anyhoo, if your application is delayed more than 90 days, you may go to a local INS center and get an interim EAD.
Thank you for helping me out!

Attorney said so

Bodhal Singh said:

While filing concurrently, I explicity asked my lawyer whether I need the affidavit of support. He said no TWICE. He is one of the top lawyer on Wall Street. I asked him because another NYC lawyer (whom I did not like for his attitude and so did not file through him even though he was cheaper) told me that it is needed.

Now, deduce whatever you want from this. Everything with INS is arbit man.

Kat999 said:
Guys,

What do they check for 485.

Regards
Kat

Potentially quite a few things, though often not in a lot of detail:

+employment (current and future)
+education
+medical information
+fingerprints
+name check
+status in US since you've been here

Some of these potentially duplicate effort that was done at the I-140 stage but I've definitely heard of (rare) cases where the I-140 approval was "overturned" due to processing at the I-485 stage.

In some cases (more these days) cases are transferred to local offices so they can follow up on some of these issues in more detail. That's often not good since the local offices might be more backed up than the USCIS service centers (and there's less information on processing times etc.).

See also the various threads on the kinds of RFE's that they might issue (although most people don't get any) -- these will also give you and idea as to what is being checked.

Hope this helps.

ETA

Different A#s in I-140 and I-485 applications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I am new to this board - I have a quick question. Immigration guru's please
advise me.

I applied for I-140 in Feb, 2004 and my I-485 in March, 2004 in EB2 category. I noticed today only that the A#'s listed on my I-140 and
I-485 are different. But the A#s that I have on AP, EAD and I-485 are
the same. The questions I have are -
1. Would it be a problem if we have different A#s on I-140 and I-485?
2. In case I need to get it corrected, what is the procedure.

Thanks a lot guys in advance..