GC taken away by border police! What to do?

wa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry for the late reply (I was not comfortable posting until this matter was resolved happily). He returned to the U.S. last week via Hong Kong. He made his way from Mainland to HK on his own without documents and then the American Consulate in HK assisted him in getting new travel documents. He never got his original GC back from the Communists.

greatwall and your cousin conqrats on your cousin return.

This is indeed a qreat lesson for all asylees, I have be followinq dis story wit notinq to write, am a nigerian and have no idea of how tins operate in china but i tink i ave learnt a lot now

good news.

Sorry for the late reply (I was not comfortable posting until this matter was resolved happily). He returned to the U.S. last week via Hong Kong. He made his way from Mainland to HK on his own without documents and then the American Consulate in HK assisted him in getting new travel documents. He never got his original GC back from the Communists.

I still don't understand why your cousin should get through this ordeal. He is derivative asylee, not the principal asylee, and his GC should be considered the same as the normal one, that is, the employment based GC. If the story is true, it only proves how evil the Chinese government treat its own citizen.

I still don't understand why your cousin should get through this ordeal. He is derivative asylee, not the principal asylee, and his GC should be considered the same as the normal one, that is, the employment based GC. If the story is true, it only proves how evil the Chinese government treat its own citizen.

Hmm.in my opinion, the officer who took away GC was evil but not Chinese goverment.

I have many friends who has AS8 GC and they traveled to China and back to U.S.A without problems....

I hope ur brother will be fine,, since he was a derivative asylum as Child.

Hmm, FalunGong? or what?

Hi fellow asylum friends: My cousin needs help with a serious situation. After getting his green card he decided to visit his country of origin. He entered with his national passport with no issue, stayed there for two weeks. But when he tried to leave for the US yesterday, he was denied permission to leave. He had to present a foreign document before he could depart (routine practice in that country). But when the border guard saw the green card the guard said something like "What did you do to qualify for political asylum abroad?" The police took away the green card and gave him a official-looking piece of paper. The paper asks him to report to the local police department in ten days to talk about "your situation." He still has his passport but it was stamped with something like "exit denied 3/11/2007."

My cousin is very worried right now. How can he leave and return to the US? I will call lawyers for him tomorrow. Do you think he should contact the US embassy? Can the American government help us? What can he do?

Could you mention what country?

I have category AS8 green card.
I went back to China last year and came back without any problems.

I am deciding going back to China this upcoming fall... should I apply for a Reentry permit??
In case my green card got taken away and I can still come back to USA?

Last edited by a moderator: