GC processing time in Nebraska Service Center

opt_sven

Hi everyone !
i had applied for AOS and my application was received on August 23th (receipt date).
now it's almost a month since that date and nothing moved on. I'm expecting to receive biometrics letter but i'm kinda worried about processing time.
Anyone who had applied this year in NSC share your experience over processing time for GC application.
Thanks

applied med July, bio done end of Aug
When I check my application online, nothing has moved on. it usually takes 4 months, you still have 3 months

4 months.

It takes about 3-7 weeks to get your receipt these days..

Sorry, I meant 4 month for the whole process, 4 month to get the GC in hand from the date you applied.

Sorry, I meant 4 month for the whole process, 4 month to get the GC in hand from the date you applied.

And sometimes it takes years for some people for no reason.
It all depends on the adjudicator who handles the case.
USCIS says it takes 4 months but this is not true when I see what people are experiencing in this forum.

Be optimistic rather than pessimist, true there are some people waiting for years but I have seen more people getting the GC within 4 months or less

I was concerned mostly about bio letter, bcz 23th of august is a reciept date(I already have it) and I don't wanna miss it. I have to move next month bcz bank is taking the house where I'm living right now. And I'm not certain where exactly i'll be living, so I can't change my address now. Also I know they are not forwarding mail. For now I'm just tryna catch that letter and then change the address for recieving the card. The question is how long they will be holding my case from moving on or optionally is there any phone number to talk to some representative that knows. I tried national customer service line and there is nothing more than on website.

I received mine exactly after 1 month of the receipt date.

you might wanna consider this as a temporary solution till you settle in a new home.

You can call USCIS 1.800.375.5283 for more info.

I received mine exactly after 1 month of the receipt date.

you might wanna consider this as a temporary solution till you settle in a new home.

You can call USCIS 1.800.375.5283 for more info.
Considering what you say I should get mine any time.

I actually have usps po box for my mail, but I heard they require us have real read physical addresses in order to process aos applications due to us patriot or real id act.
Well anyways thanks for help. I'll let you know if get any updates.

UPS is providing a real physical address, but I think it is better if you wait to get the bio letter soon.

I was concerned mostly about bio letter, bcz 23th of august is a reciept date(I already have it) and I don't wanna miss it. I have to move next month bcz bank is taking the house where I'm living right now. And I'm not certain where exactly i'll be living, so I can't change my address now. Also I know they are not forwarding mail. For now I'm just tryna catch that letter and then change the address for recieving the card. The question is how long they will be holding my case from moving on or optionally is there any phone number to talk to some representative that knows. I tried national customer service line and there is nothing more than on website.
Go to your local post office, rent a mail box (PO. BOX), and forward the PO. BOX address to USCIS.
It's chreap and affordable.

You can ask the post office to hold your mail. They can hold it up to 30 days.

applied med July, bio done end of Aug
When I check my application online, nothing has moved on. it usually takes 4 months, you still have 3 months

I also applied for adjustment of status in late-Aug. Three weeks later, received mail - appointment for biometrics., which is tomorrow (09/30). However, my date of receipt was updated to late sept because the first attempt to process the application fee resulted in "non-sufficient funds". It was my fault because my expectation of having the money in my account then turned out not a reality. So, I received a "processing resumed" notice, but my appointment date remains unchanged.

------
-Asyl. granted mid Aug 2009.
- GC, here I come!