GC processing help!!!!!!!!

rkarthi1

Registered Users (C)
My H1 expires in September 2004. My company has applied for GC, but its just cleared labor at Michigan, and is on its way to DOL Chicago. Due to a very high probability of layoff in the very near future, my GC processing will come to a stop.

I am not sure what options exist for me now.
I probably do not have enough time to get the application in before Sept. 2003, to use the 1 yr in labor rule, so that I can extend my H1 B from a new company.

Do any of you know of companies willing to sponsor GC in states, where the processing is much faster? (Iowa, Maine etc.)?
Would any company do a future employment GC?
I am a Mechanical Engineer with more than 6 yrs of work experience.

What other alternatives exist such that I can keep my status, and not have to go to other countries for a year?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for your help.

My H1 expires in September 2004. My company has applied for GC, but its just cleared labor at Michigan, and is on its way to DOL Chicago. Due to a very high probability of layoff in the very near future, my GC processing will come to a stop.
-------- If it has reached Federal level in Chicago it may be cleared in 3-4 months time but recently more NOF are being issued to RIR cases and cases are being remanded to SESA this trend has started few days back for RIR cases
I probably do not have enough time to get the application in before Sept. 2003, to use the 1 yr in labor rule, so that I can extend my H1 B from a new company.
---- You have H1b valid till Sep 2004, it means you have 1 more year to hit 6 year limit and your LC may have been filed 1 year back, if that is true then you can file for 7th year H1 if your LC gets cleared or still pending. You can change employer and can file for 7th year extension based on past employer LC.
------ If your employer is cooperative then request him to file I-140, I-485 once LC is approved and not to revoke I-140, GC is for future job and you can work with other employer through H1 transfer and still your past employer can continue GC or once I-40 gets approved and your I-485 hits 180 days you can use AC21 with new employer read the recent BCIS MEMO for 180 days rule. If employer is not cooperative enter into a deal. I hope you understand what I am trying to say regarding DEAL
do any of you know of companies willing to sponsor GC in states, where the processing is much faster? (Iowa, Maine etc.)?
------------ Sorry I don’t know any company others may provide you the info, visit other threads or post in other threads your requirements

would any company do a future employment GC?
----- Many are doing, you have to search for that through your contacts or friends

Ginnu ,
Nice answer ginnu .. keep up
Thanks
kishu

Originally posted by ginnu
-------- If it has reached Federal level in Chicago it may be cleared in 3-4 months time but recently more NOF are being issued to RIR cases and cases are being remanded to SESA this trend has started few days back for RIR cases
---- You have H1b valid till Sep 2004, it means you have 1 more year to hit 6 year limit and your LC may have been filed 1 year back, if that is true then you can file for 7th year H1 if your LC gets cleared or still pending. You can change employer and can file for 7th year extension based on past employer LC.
------ If your employer is cooperative then request him to file I-140, I-485 once LC is approved and not to revoke I-140, GC is for future job and you can work with other employer through H1 transfer and still your past employer can continue GC or once I-40 gets approved and your I-485 hits 180 days you can use AC21 with new employer read the recent BCIS MEMO for 180 days rule. If employer is not cooperative enter into a deal. I hope you understand what I am trying to say regarding DEAL
do any of you know of companies willing to sponsor GC in states, where the processing is much faster? (Iowa, Maine etc.)?
------------ Sorry I don’t know any company others may provide you the info, visit other threads or post in other threads your requirements

would any company do a future employment GC?
----- Many are doing, you have to search for that through your contacts or friends

See if you can get something done from this company Binex Group. Contact Racheal rachael.adams@binexgroup.com . I came to know about this company from my colleague.

Ravi

Originally posted by rkarthi1

Do any of you know of companies willing to sponsor GC in states, where the processing is much faster? (Iowa, Maine etc.)?
Would any company do a future employment GC?
I am a Mechanical Engineer with more than 6 yrs of work experience.

What other alternatives exist such that I can keep my status, and not have to go to other countries for a year?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for your help.