GC not a Birthright

Folks,

Before we go around volunteering to teach/guide someone, let's remember a few things:

1. You can teach a person who is wise and knows that he/she has a lot to learn.
2. You can teach a dumb person who knows he/she is dumb.
3. However, you can never teach a person who is dumb but thinks he knows all.

As a wise person (definitely not me...) said, "One who speaks of others' faults in an assembly proclaims his own defects."

Not getting a GC soon is frustrating, I agree. I am waiting for it from 2002. However, let's not let that frustration engulf our being. There are still a lot of things in life to enjoy :)

GoEagles said:
Hey Catdog,

It's not a good idea to group all the people into the same group. While you may have seen that most of the people on H1 are computer geeks (and some of them are smart), there are a lot of other people here who have exceled in other fields. Take an example of many of the people in the Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researchers, National Interest Waiver categories. These people are outstanding in whatever fields including computing. I do not care if someone came here on H1, F1, or whatever, as long as they are legally pursuing oppurtunities to obtain a GC, it should be supported. That's if people have conscience! I feel sorry for you!

Think about these questions:

1. Are you terrified of competing with these people?

2. Did an employer kick your ass out because you were NOT smart enough to compete, who is to blame for that?

3. Why not you go learn the skills so that you can compete, not only you can compete but if you are Citizen, you could be decently employed with many of the Govt Agencies!

Send a private message and I may guide you to pusue what you may have been missing---but first accept that you are dumb and see how many people would volunteer to guide you??? Who is in????

Cheers..

Quick question for Catdog, what about getting yourself more competitive? with, a masters, another language... etc? It is easier to blame on others your bad luck, etc. it is better to think what you can do for yourself.

No intention to offend, but not intention to get into a useless argument.

Have a wonderful day :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you read my posting carefully. I wanted to avoid trouble for both people like you ( Fresh off the boats ) and people like me ( the boat we came on has rotted away )

If you guys go back then people like me will not have to spend that much time learn new stuff 'cause of less competition. Employers will take what they get and live with it as in the good old 90s where I was making $150 an hour just spelling IT.

Also, good for you if you go back and get 15% raises just for showing up on work. If you do not like 15% then say you will quit and you will get 25% with an apology from the manager.

So , why do you insist on remaining here and spoiling the party for both of us ?

catdog said:
Not sure if you read my posting carefully. I wanted to avoid trouble for both people like you ( Fresh off the boats ) and people like me ( the boat we came on has rotted away )

If you guys go back then people like me will not have to spend that much time learn new stuff 'cause of less competition. Employers will take what they get and live with it as in the good old 90s where I was making $150 an hour just spelling IT.

Also, good for you if you go back and get 15% raises just for showing up on work. If you do not like 15% then say you will quit and you will get 25% with an apology from the manager.

So , why do you insist on remaining here and spoiling the party for both of us ?

Although am not one of them you're talking about. But it sounds pretty pathetic (may be you think its awesome!) that you wanna sit on your sorry ass, do some cock sucking, and make $150 an hour? If 150 bucks an hour is your main attraction, think about career change? Its not gonna be much different to what you're propsing to do but little bit client hunting on streets? Ever thought of moving to Las Vegas or Atlantic City ;)....I can bet you're having mid-life crisis for whatever reasons. Did your wife or husband cheat on you or your daughter ran away? Please let us know how we immigrants can help you on that!!!

If that does not work out, you can always go back to wherever you came from. You have more experience working in US than those you call FOBs. You could be more successful there? We can donate some money to even buy you a plane ticket? Sounds good? Let us know!!!!!

People always talk in the language and style they know. I only know how to make money in IT, but goeagles knows that being a whore also pays that much. He/She is aso a racist - implied by using the word nigga. Maybe he/she has experience in that.

I will find it difficult to adjust if I go back - otherwise I would have gone back. It will be difficult for me to adjust to the dirt/heat/beggars etc over there, but since you are used to it, easy for you. Since you guys are fresh, it would be an easy adjustment for you. PLease let us discuss this instead of alternative employments like being a prostiture. Let us be civil, please.

Catdog you need a good psych ....

I was reading all what you have posted and i can tell you my friend you are not in the good forum , now i come to see that you are " loco " fou " crazy and really need help . Oh wait i got it .... check that website !!!!

http://www.psychohelp.co.uk/ , i think you should take a look at it and stop taking on all the nice people of this forum by discouraging them . We are all on the waiting list , so please be human and stop talking like a frustrated B****. You had your piece of the cake already now please let others have a taste of it .

To all the people waiting , be patient and everything should be alright ..

I can bet you're having mid-life crisis for whatever reasons. Did your wife or husband cheat on you or Your daughter ran away with a -----?

WTF? Saying something that incendiary today is downright pathetic :eek: I hope you don't utter this racist word in public, because I guarantee you will get your ass kicked :rolleyes:

FYI, envision, I have more black friends than you can ever imagine and we never had trouble on this word....Now you want your butt kicked or what? Are you related to Catdog or are you catdog's pimp here????

Catdog: Once you move out of your native place, it's equally hard for all the people (no matter you been here for 20, 10 or 5 years)...and you talk about beggers, you're the one begging here so they can move out? Think about it. It's upto those individuals to decide what they wanna do with their life....It seems that you have the problem finding a job or learning new skills so you're less adaptable here than them, so why not you take the lead, move back, be successful in your birth place, set an example, and post your views here after you do that so other IT people can get encouragement and may be follow you. If not, join a class and learn a language rather than wasting 50 mins here everyday and surrounding yourself with negative thoughts.

Guys, let it be civil conversation. Please??

Moderator... please lock/delete this thread!!

I'd love to see this thread locked or deleted ... CatDog incites people and people reply back with rage ... !! It spoils the sprirt of discussion

FYI, envision, I have more black friends than you can ever imagine and we never had trouble on this word....

Do you also happen to be a friend of the Easter bunny, the Tooth Fairy, or Bigfoot ? :rolleyes: I bet the grandparents/parents of your black friends would cringe if they knew how casually they used that word. :confused: In the meantime , this is NOT a place to use it, so I'd appreciate it if you edited your post.

envision said:
Do you also happen to be a friend of the Easter bunny, the Tooth Fairy, or Bigfoot ? :rolleyes: I bet the grandparents/parents of your black friends would cringe if they knew how casually they used that word. :confused: In the meantime , this is NOT a place to use it, so I'd appreciate it if you edited your post.

You edit whatever you said, I would follow you. Sounds good? If not, why not you talk to the kidz of those parents and grand parents and motivate them not to use. As far as Bigfoot is concerned, am sure you know him well enough ;)

WOW! Moderators please close this thread and take the necessary measures, this conflict is not necesary
Envision, I would love to get in touch with you, PM me please! Thanks!

Ok OK... Catdog.. you got the atention you wanted... happy now? and definetely I agree with closing this thread... it's getting ugly.

Peace & Love... we are stressed enough with this retrogression situation... anybody can think whatever they can think.. people can conclude that goeagles made a racist comment in his post, but others can also conclude that catdog made a discriminatory comment by calling people in this forum FOB.. let's keep the original spirit on this forum and let's just ignore people that cries for attention.

Have a wonderful day

GoEagles said:
Although am not one of them you're talking about. But it sounds pretty pathetic (may be you think its awesome!) that you wanna sit on your sorry ass, do some cock sucking, and make $150 an hour? If 150 bucks an hour is your main attraction, think about career change? Its not gonna be much different to what you're propsing to do but little bit client hunting on streets? Ever thought of moving to Las Vegas or Atlantic City ;)....I can bet you're having mid-life crisis for whatever reasons. Did your wife or husband cheat on you or Your daughter ran away with a ------********? Please let us know how we immigrants can help you on that!!!

If that does not work out, you can always go back to wherever you came from. You have more experience working in US than those you call FOBs. You could be more successful there? We can donate some money to even buy you a plane ticket? Sounds good? Let us know!!!!!

Please moderators take measurements this racist things cannot be tolerated, I am speechless :confused: :mad:

CarolVA said:
Please moderators take measurements this racist things cannot be tolerated, I am speechless :confused: :mad:

...and the saga continues, another one to join catdog! Cheers, mate!!!! You do not have to be speechless, you can be smart to contribute to this forum. If you think Catdog is making a valid point, invigorate us with your "thoughts". If she (I am guessing Catdog is she and I would continue to call her "she" unless she reveals her true identity!!!) is not and you have your views on that, post that too...If you've nothing to offer, read the posts and stop crying!!!!

PS: If I offended any black guys here by using the "word", my apologies.

In continuation of "Civil Conversation" with catdog, am asking any IT guys (since am not in IT) who have been in US for the last 5 years or so (to whom Catdog calls FOB) to volunteer to post his/her thoughts and contribute positively".

goEagles........i request you to edit your post...please......

its one thing to call your friend with that word......and its another thing to use it in a heated debate to degrade someone...

CatDog: long time back....someone had caught you using your real name....which i think was either "Deepa" or "Deepti" or something.......whats gone into you mam??.......why are you going crazy and inciting people??

techy I just want to have a civil discussion with people about something I believe in. People just cannot have a proepr discussion and get angry.

Carol Why are you crying for this post to get deleted ? Are you afraid of a woman ( as people here think I am ) ? Come on girl, let us talk.

Come on everybody don't get anygry. I am proposing a win-win thing. Counter me if you can else go back to your real homes.

[/QUOTE]Come on everybody don't get anygry. I am proposing a win-win thing. Counter me if you can else go back to your real homes.[/QUOTE]

Catdog: Once you move out of your native place, it's equally hard for all the people (no matter you been here for 20, 10 or 5 years)...and you talk about beggers, you're the one begging here so they can move out? Think about it. It's upto those individuals to decide what they wanna do with their life....It seems that you have the problem finding a job or learning new skills so you're less adaptable here than them, so why not you take the lead, move back, be successful in your birth place, set an example, and post your views here after you do that so other IT people can get encouragement and may be follow you. If not, join a class and learn a language rather than wasting 50 mins here everyday and surrounding yourself with negative thoughts.

Guys, let it be civil conversation. Please??

GoeEagle - do not say the same thing over and over. If I could go back I would, I am still thinking but it is hard if you are here for too long.
It is definitely not thesame if you have spent lesser no of years here as you still have a fresh memory of where you came from.
So if you go Goeagle, people like you and peope like me can both live in peace.

I don't think I like you anymore because you keep repeatoing yourself