GC not a Birthright

catdog

Registered Users (C)
I am seeing a lot of people complaining and this is a clear note to you.

Please understand one thing very clearly.

GC IS NOT YOUR BIRTHRIGHT. IT IS A FAVOR AND A PRIVILEGE. DO NOT DEMAND IT BUT BEND ON YOUR KNEES AND REQUEST IT.

Do not demand for faster processing, transparency, etc. You came here on H1 which is non-immigrant. Now you change your mind and expect this country to welcome you with open hands. Just becuase you know some computer language or package, you think you are special ! Sorry but you are not !! AMERICA WILL GIVE YOU A GC ONLY BECAUSE THEY NEED YOU AND NOT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO LIVE HERE !! There are billions of other people who want to live in America but they all do not DEMAND A GC.

You have to wait for your turn and limited visa numbers and inefficiency is part of the waiting. If you don't link any piece of this, JUST LEAVE and DO NOT COME BACK.

Stop moaning because 4 years is too long for you. The Family 3 pref is waiting for 20 years and I do not hear them complaining.

Enough already..

I usually read stupid posts and just laugh 'm off. This one is too rediculous.

I haven't heard anybody claiming GC to be a birthright.

Catdog, you retard, H1 is a non-immigrant visa with an immigrant intent.

Listen catdog, it's too much to comprehand for you but sb living productively in a society has moral right to demand a speedy up or down decision on GC. I won't hold it against you if you don't get it. I don't believe you have enough brain cells to understand human issues.

If you don't hear family 3rd pref with 20 years wait complaining, you have to be dumb, deaf, blind and -once again- and quite obviously- retarded.

Catdog, get you head out of your read end. Enough said.

Catdog..

While you may be in a better situation than most GC applicants, please be considerate for the fellow GC applicants, yes folks landed on H1, and decided to apply for GC, everyone has a dream of their own, and we shud respect that, whether we get the GC or not, time only will tell,

but hurting feelings is not in good taste. I wish you well in whaterver you do. But, look at the hardworking folks who cannot travel due to the long waits, it is something not desired. I agree no one is forcing anyone to stay in US, however, Job opportunities, family respons, etc may have forced to adopt this land as their home, let us respect that, compared to millions and millions of Illegal immig, atleast H1s pay their taxes and are not fly by night folks :)

Hey CatDog - Shut the F*** Off and Get Lost

Hey Catdog, Who the F*** are you and why you are prticipating in this forum. You have a stick up your ass, call your mama to take it out. Don't vent on this forum.

Moderater - Get this jackass off our Forum. Obviously he has lost his mind. Ask him to mind his business somewhere else.

Don't you guys get it ? He is enjoying you guys comming back emotionally.
The best strategy is IGNORING.

Commenting of Other issues is birth right to you or what ??

catdog said:

GC IS NOT YOUR BIRTHRIGHT. IT IS A FAVOR AND A PRIVILEGE. DO NOT DEMAND IT BUT BEND ON YOUR KNEES AND REQUEST IT.

Do not demand for faster processing, transparency, etc. You came here on H1 which is non-immigrant. Now you change your mind and expect this country to welcome you with open hands. Just becuase you know some computer language or package, you think you are special ! Sorry but you are not !! AMERICA WILL GIVE YOU A GC ONLY BECAUSE THEY NEED YOU AND NOT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO LIVE HERE !! There are billions of other people who want to live in America but they all do not DEMAND A GC.

You have to wait for your turn and limited visa numbers and inefficiency is part of the waiting. If you don't link any piece of this, JUST LEAVE and DO NOT COME BACK.

Stop moaning because 4 years is too long for you. The Family 3 pref is waiting for 20 years and I do not hear them complaining.

Enough already..

Ignore this one ...

Guys and Gals,

catdog is one of those members that visits this site once in a while (out of boredom) and posts stuff to get everyone worked up. Lets not get worked up over it. catdog has the right to say what he/she feels, we have the right to ignore it. Who really cares what catdog has to say, his/her opinions make no difference to our lives.

regards,

saras

It is typical of people to say IGNORE or TO USE EXPLETIVES when they do not have a point to make. Why can't any of you have an intelligent discussion ?
I am asking a valid point. Why cry and cry when you have the opton to go back and take advantage of a booming economy and 15 % raises ? Why stay here and subject yourself to explotation and humilation ?
As it is, most desis still are and will remain low level employees. Even the ones who are MS etc will work as progammers all their lives and will depend on their spoises incomes to save anything. DEsis also do not know how to enjoy life, so saturdays are spent renting a 1$ illegal dvd fom the desi store. Please have an intelligent discussion about this.

how can i do that?

how can i have an intelligent discussion with an idiot.

catdog said:
It is typical of people to say IGNORE or TO USE EXPLETIVES when they do not have a point to make. Why can't any of you have an intelligent discussion ?
I am asking a valid point. Why cry and cry when you have the opton to go back and take advantage of a booming economy and 15 % raises ? Why stay here and subject yourself to explotation and humilation ?
As it is, most desis still are and will remain low level employees. Even the ones who are MS etc will work as progammers all their lives and will depend on their spoises incomes to save anything. DEsis also do not know how to enjoy life, so saturdays are spent renting a 1$ illegal dvd fom the desi store. Please have an intelligent discussion about this.

Looks like you are frustrated

Looks like you are frustrated and want to vent out your feelings. You cannot tell people to do what they want, if they wish to stay here and pursue GC, what is your jealousy in it ? - All folks who came here in 60/70/80's feel jealous of the new h1s coming in by calling them as fresh off the boat etc. Remember if you are already a GC /Citizen you too have faced a lot of difficulties probably (if you took the H1 route) and remeber you have no right to critise others.

catdog said:

It is a simple thing my friend ! Yes, I want all the new people to go back because this will help me be more in demand. Also, you guys will go back to a great market and get good salary. This way it is a win-win.

If more peope come here, then more competition here and because of that everybody's salaeries goes down. i.e. Lose-lose.

Since people who have been here for more than 10 years will find it hard to go back and adjust, new people should go back and make life easy for everybody.

Why don't you new guys understand this

You bet a green card is not a birthright :eek: Just imagine being in this country for more than half your life, and your blood relatives screwing over (withdrawing the I130) because they don't approve of your life choices :rolleyes: Yes my friends, I am talking about myself. Most if not all of my family members are citizens and I am the only one on the outside looking in.
However, thanks to a wonderful employer and 245i , I have the opportunity to do for myself and to tell them to kiss my $#s.
My life is pretty much normal , so I don't dwell on not having the greencard :D I'm putting myself through school , have my own house , car, pay taxes, and I can travel all over the US to visit friends and relatives. Don't get me wrong, of course I'd love to be able to travel outside of the US to visit my Gammy in my home country, but I've decided I'll patiently wait (priority date April 30,2001) no matter how long it takes. In the meantime , I refuse to allow myself to be intimidated by speculation and uncertainty.

And to those who turn up their noses at those who will benefit from 245i , I say tough beans ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
catdog said:
You came here on H1 which is non-immigrant.
H visa are dual intent visa .. While applying for stamping at the consulate -- if you show your intent to settle down in US as a permanent resident ... the consulate will NOT reject you...

The consulate/USCIS knows that most of H1b's are here for permanent.. well all this delay is another ball game.

catdog said:
It is a simple thing my friend ! Yes, I want all the new people to go back because this will help me be more in demand.
Oh, OK, that is the reason of your ranting. Well, no matter what you want, people will come, some of those will be LPR, and competition goes up.
May be it's better idea that you go back.

GotPR? said:
Oh, OK, that is the reason of your ranting. Well, no matter what you want, people will come, some of those will be LPR, and competition goes up.
May be it's better idea that you go back.

Do you think he will be able to compete with a BILLION people there when he cannot compete with MILLIONS here? I don't think so......

CatDog! You are the man!

Hey CatDog.. "The world is not enough" for you ... you are here to "D** Another Day" ...

catdog said:

GC IS NOT YOUR BIRTHRIGHT. IT IS A FAVOR AND A PRIVILEGE...

Best Place

CatDog,
Best place for you is Moon or Mars....Neither competition nor demand for GC.
OR
You go back to your home country and let others live happy in here.

GCLover007

Catdog and Intelligent Discussion...Let's have it!

Hey Catdog,

It's not a good idea to group all the people into the same group. While you may have seen that most of the people on H1 are computer geeks (and some of them are smart), there are a lot of other people here who have exceled in other fields. Take an example of many of the people in the Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researchers, National Interest Waiver categories. These people are outstanding in whatever fields including computing. I do not care if someone came here on H1, F1, or whatever, as long as they are legally pursuing oppurtunities to obtain a GC, it should be supported. That's if people have conscience! I feel sorry for you!

Think about these questions:

1. Are you terrified of competing with these people?

2. Did an employer kick your ass out because you were NOT smart enough to compete, who is to blame for that?

3. Why not you go learn the skills so that you can compete, not only you can compete but if you are Citizen, you could be decently employed with many of the Govt Agencies!

Send a private message and I may guide you to pusue what you may have been missing---but first accept that you are dumb and see how many people would volunteer to guide you??? Who is in????

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: