GC Kind of Approved!

patty579

Registered Users (C)
GC Approved!!

Hello you guys,

we had our interview in Denver, CO today, and it was pretty smooth.
Our officer said that everything is looking good and that he is going to approve us, but he needs to run one more security check and if something is coming up he would give us a call. He said he is pretty sure that nothing will come up and that we should be getting the GC in the mail in two weeks.

Name check is cleared, too, so we have no clue what that other check might be. But everything sounded good, so we're pretty happy! :)

The Interview:
The interview was scheduled for 11:15, we arrived at 11:05, submitted the interview letter and waited for one hour. Time was passing by pretty fast though.

We were called in by a very young and nice looking guy, probably in his thirties. He was as nice and pleasant as he looked.
He swore us in, looked at our IDs, verified all the questions from I-485, almost didn't ask for anything but tax returns, employment letter, our lease agreement and pictures.

When it came to proof of relationship, he was very understanding that we couldn't get insurance or bank account together because I didn't have a Social yet.
He was happy with our lease agreement, a hotel room bill from when we went to Washington D.C. (his name, my credit card) and the 102 pictures that I had printed out.

He asked very casually where we met each other and my hubby said, in Germany, when I was stationed with the Airforce in her home town.
And I added, that we met in an Irish Pub.
The officer joked that Josh should have gone to a German pub, so he could learn German! And asked him if he spoke German, and we said yes, a little.

He was having fun looking at the pics. When he saw the picture of my hubby's friend's baby at our Welcome Party in PA last year, he asked who it was and we told him and said that he looked like the baby from the Quiznos commercial. He laughed out loud at that.
He enjoyed the pictures from when my parents-in-law were here three weeks ago.

Then he said: Well I don't have to spend more time on this, I have one more case to do before lunch...
He explained that he had to do that security check one more time and that was the end of the interview.

Lasted about 20 minutes.

He didn't even want to see paystubs or our marriage certificate. It was a very pleasant experience, I really didn't have to be that worried!

I'm going to let you guys know when I hear something.

Thanks so much to this forum, a_usc, Ari4u, cherr1980, rex1960, payala, justnew, running_swede, sarrebal, jenimmi, JohnnyCash, indone, someitguy and everyone else who helped me, was thinking of me and prayed for me!
This forum rocks!

I have a job interview coming up in 45 min, so I better get ready.
Have a great day everybody!!

Patty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.....kind of congratulations then..... :D

If name check was cleared and he told you that you'll be getting your card in two weeks, then I think it was just an excuse not to stamp your passport...

Patty!!! I was waiting for your post!! that is why I log on...I told you that you did not has nothing to worry about your B2 status, see?!!!!

I am so happy for you...just wonder if your name check is clear out, what is that other check? interesting...new stuff to learn.

Let's wait, hopefully in two weeks you should get your super card in the mail!

Yayyyy!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you... been waiting since morning for this good news... and I am sure, your job interview is gonna be an equally smooth deal. Best of luck... n thanks for sharing the experience. :)

Thanks so much you guys! :)

Thanks sarrebal! I don't know why stamping the passport should be such a big deal?! Maybe he was just hungry... :)

Cherr, I'm feeling honored that you logged in just for me!! Thanks so much for your support and your reassuring posts in my B2 anxiety thread!!
Yeah, that security check thing was really weird. But I haven't heard anything back yet, so I guess I'll wait and see!

Thanks a_usc, my buddy!! You have been a lot of mental support for me. Can't thank you enough!! Job interview was fine, I will know more in a couple of days I guess.

I'll let you know!

I feel like half the world is off my shoulders now. :)

hey patty !!! CONGRATS !!!

I told you, you're gonna make it. I'm so glad to hear it turned out well for you.
All the best wishes for you and your hubby. Good luck with your new job !! :)

I hope, I'll see you around here and you know where.

Rex

Lass uns mal versuchen, in Kontakt zu bleiben. Ich wuerde mich sehr darueber freuen.

Congratulations, Patty & hubby!!
Yay.. This is really good news after a lot of worrying about B2.. :D
If your namecheck is already completed, I don't know what other check can be at this stage of process :confused:
Hope to hear from you soon, on the actual approval.
Good luck with your interview(s) too! :)

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch

So glad everything went well, congratulations . and good luck for your job interview-sounds great!!!we are going in tomorrow at 1 pm in SF....keep you posted.

Thanks Rex, Jenimmi and Sonja!!

Yes Rex, let's keep in touch! I don't have the job yet, but it's looking good.
Jenimmi, yeah... it was a lot of worrying, thank you so much for your uplifting post in that thread. :)
Sonja, I wish you all the best for tomorrow. Hoping to hear good news from you.
Alles wird gut!

Thanks again you guys!! :)

Congrats Patty!!!
Goodluck in your job interview!!!
We all did worry too much about everything.

Thanks Payala!! :)
I always think that a sensible amount of worry is still better than being too careless.
But I'm still very grateful that I can stop worrying now.
Well at least I hope so. :)

Congrats Patty. You couldn't have given happier news in this forum.
There must have been quite a fan club of yours praying for your success.
Best of luck in whatever you do. :)

Just curious..did they ask anything about the EAD or the iEAD?
Did they stamp the passport?

Thanks so much Anahit, indone and justnew!

I just received the approval emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So it's GC Fully Approved now. Yay!!!
Going to celebrate now!

:D

indone said:
Congrats Patty. You couldn't have given happier news in this forum.
There must have been quite a fan club of yours praying for your success.
Best of luck in whatever you do. :)

Just curious..did they ask anything about the EAD or the iEAD?
Did they stamp the passport?
No he didn't stamp the passport, because he didn't approve me right away. Also didn't take my iEAD, nor my I-94.

Didn't tell me anything about what happened to my EAD. I wanted to ask, but I completely forgot. I guess they just let it go.

Thanks for your well wishes and your kind email! :)

patty579 said:
Thanks so much Anahit, indone and justnew!

I just received the approval emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So it's GC Fully Approved now. Yay!!!
Going to celebrate now!

:D

Congratulations!!! You may want to change the title of the thread to GC Fully Approved!! :)

visaapplicant said:
Congratulations!!! You may want to change the title of the thread to GC Fully Approved!! :)
Thanks... I'm not sure how to change to thread title, I tried but only the "subtitle" changed. Never mind. I'm approoooooved!!! :D :D