GC interview on 3/21/08 not approved yet!

worried1971

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a Natural born US citizen, my husband had his GC interview on 3/21/08 We arrived 30 mins before our scheduled appt. the room was very empty. We were called in within 20 mins our attorney was also present, my heart was racing so fast but I kept my composure. The IO was very straight to the point he then asked us to swear the oath then he proceeded with very minimum questions, if our parents knew we were married, if I knew my husband brothers. He then asks for photos, bills, joint bank statment & 2007 tax return which I gave him, he asked if we had a lease I said we own our home and I gave him a mortgage statment, he then ask why my husband name was not on the mortgage and I explained that I purchased the house prior to us getting married. He asked my husband our home zipcode but nothing really about us which I thought was odd. The IO left the room serveral times maybe they were observing us thru a video camera. My husband and I both work 2 jobs never been in any trouble with the law our income is very suffient income. At the end of the interview he told us that will rec'd s decision in the mail. I was not happy with the interview our attorney said we did fine. I checked the case status online everyday and it's still pending I don't know what to think! I am really worried :

Patience is the name of the game. I've gone through immigration and naturalisation twice in my life. At times it can be frustrating but the key is to keep one's wit and wait it out. Ever waited 20 months for a visit visa? Been there done that :)

From what I have observed, it seems the IO tends to be stricter when the lawyer is present. If you have all the evidences, you should be approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greencattle, I agree. I went with just my husband (the USC) and the IO just asked him a couple questions and me the rest. I was well prepared and not too nervous because I had nothing to hide and it went fine. He was professional and curt. Wasn't interested in small talk and you could tell he didn't want us to volunteer anything (which we wouldn't have anyways). The interviews I've read with lawyers are a bit more detailed and grilling. Hmm..

worried1971, give it a week or two. :) Check your status online a couple times a day (even weekends!) and I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Even if they took his EAD and/or AP, it could've been a good thing. They took my AP at the interview (hadn't received my EAD yet) and destroyed it because a GC would be issued and would make the AP void. :)

Keep us posted!

same

mine was same, it was 02/22/2008 IO said same thing its been over one month I am still waiting : (

Yea. similar situation. I had my interview on February 20th. I am waiting since then:(
My interview went fine. I thought IO would approve right there, but she said that she is going to make the decision in next 3 to 5 weeks. Its been 5 weeks and 1 day! I went to immigration office, and they told me that IO started working on my case on March 17th, and that I would here something really soon.
Hopefully we all will here something very soon!!!

Interview

Maria, worried1971 and nonseca,

I understand that all 3 of you have been waiting patiently for a decision regarding your GC approval. I was curious on how long were you all married for and secondly do you also have kids and if you do, did you take them along with you for the interview?

I had the same experience: no lawyer, told us to wait for the final decision. I waited for 2 weeks and got the approval. Don't worry.

Hi Maria

I hope your hear something soon! I have been married for more than 1 year and we do not have children. My lawyer keep telling me not to worry things will be fine.

Atlanta_Brother,

I have known my wife for 2 years but our marriage was new, so IO especially told ``you guys married to fast`` and send paperwork, and we said we have known each other since 2005. He said ok. He was very calm and professional. He got my I94 form and said he took it because it was expired then told us he will inquire our case and let will know results. It been over one month. I hope we all get good news.

I know my hubby since FEbruary 2007, we got married at the end of the April. Lease is on his name, but I had a letter from the management department, that I live with him. + Joint bank account. Comcast and Electrisity bills are on my name, so I can have good credit history.
join insurance.
IO didnt ask us for pictures.

Greencattle, I agree. I went with just my husband (the USC) and the IO just asked him a couple questions and me the rest. I was well prepared and not too nervous because I had nothing to hide and it went fine. He was professional and curt. Wasn't interested in small talk and you could tell he didn't want us to volunteer anything (which we wouldn't have anyways). The interviews I've read with lawyers are a bit more detailed and grilling. Hmm..

worried1971, give it a week or two. :) Check your status online a couple times a day (even weekends!) and I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Even if they took his EAD and/or AP, it could've been a good thing. They took my AP at the interview (hadn't received my EAD yet) and destroyed it because a GC would be issued and would make the AP void. :)

Keep us posted!

That 's true. When the lawyer is present, the IO have to be more serious and focus on everything in details. I don't think the lawyer will make small talk with IO. When there is no lawyer, the IO can be less formal and don't need to focus on the laws. I guess when the IO made small talk , actually they also want to see how the couple respond and can feel if they are are the real married couple.