GC holder inviting parents on Visitor visa

pothax

Hi all,
I want to invite my mom on visitor visa.How to send employment letter as i don't have a job ?I can show bank balance etc...Any ideas ?
Rgds,
Pudpot.

Hi,

If you are not employed at the moment, then you obviously cannot send the employment letter. You can send them I-134 (affidavit of support), and mention your bank balance in Section 7.

Originally posted by pudpot
Hi all,
I want to invite my mom on visitor visa.How to send employment letter as i don't have a job ?I can show bank balance etc...Any ideas ?
Rgds,
Pudpot.

I recall reading a similar post about 3-4 days ago. The
main idea is that the consulate has to be convinced
that the visitors will not become a state charge. So,
anything that shows a 'better' financial situation for you
wil help. You may need to fill out form I-134 and there are
various items there to show that one is financially
capable of supporting visitors (stocks, property, bank balance
etc.). Someone commented recently on this fourm that
a bank balance of 25K-30K is 'sufficient'. I dont know
how he/she came up with this number.

jj-jet

Wife is expecting and parents visa rejected thrice in the past

My parents rejected thrice from Islamabad Consulate. They applied twice back in 1998 on my graduation ceremony but they were refused on the basis of 241b, even though all my family member are there, and my father has his own business and houses.
I had my parents re-apply back in may 2004 on my Master graduation ceremony but again they were refused.
Now my wife is expecting and I want my parents to be here, this time my green card has been approved. I would like to know what documents do I need to send so that they can get the visa. Do I need to mention my wife’s pregnancy? I already got a letter from her doctor. I am also thinking of writing a letter to my state senator.
Please e-mail me if you have any experience/suggestion/sample letter. My e-mail address is najm@hotmail.com

Thank you very much

hi sargodhian,

If you know how to get in touch with a congressman pls let me know..
I am in a similar situation and need help..

thanks,
ayimar.

B visa and Green card

I intend to file for my brother's green card very soon.
Can he get visit visa or business visa once I apply for his immigration?

As long as you have enough money in your bank, you should be fine. But call immigration to verify it.

I am also a GC holder and working as an independent contractor through my own company, since it is 1099, I want to know do I need employment letter or I 134 is enough.
Thanks,
Sathish Kumar

I intend to file for my brother's green card very soon.
Can he get visit visa or business visa once I apply for his immigration?

Hi,

If you have filed a petition for an immigrant visa for your brother, he might not be able to get a visitor or buisiness visa. Why? Because the immigration will know that you have filed a petition for him and granting him a visitor visa would mean that he might not return to his home country once he is here in the US because of that petition. Also, as far as i know, if your brother is planning to get a visitor visa, he must show proof that he is financially capable for the trip to the US and has plans to go back to his home country. Proof such as his bank accounts, tax returns, proof of assets (i.e. house, land, buisiness, if any). Sending an affidavit of support for your brother's visitors visa application might not look good the on the immigration officers for it will mean that he doesnt have the money for the visit. Affidavit of support is for immigrant visas.

*im not a lawyer, i just based this on a personal / friend's experience

Employer's letter not mandatory

You don't have to send your employer's letter. You need to show substantial funds and income.