GC Holder admitted for "ONLY 2 WEEKS!!"

Lazerthegreat

Registered Users (C)
Guys! You must get a laught out of this one... :p
I entered on GC and the officer stamped the RP with the following:(They have a standard stamp that has two lines:)

Admitted as : ARC

Until: 2 weeks

So guys as a GC holder I will be illegal after two weeks becuase that is the time frame that CIS officer (read "jerk") allowed me at the POE... :D

I entered on GC and the officer stamped the RP with the following:(They have a standard stamp that has two lines:)

So guys as a GC holder I will be illegal after two weeks becuase that is the time frame that CIS officer (read "jerk") allowed me at the POE... :D

You sure that is ok? You should've asked bout it..where did you enter from?

Whether you are legal in this country or not is not determined by your Reentry permit; rather it is determined by your greencard; therefore, I wouldn't make anything of that. Just take it easy...

You sure that is ok? You should've asked bout it..where did you enter from?

Chicago- Ohare

I did not notice it while there. I found out once I reached home. But its not a big deal, just another careless inspection incidence. He swiped the card and it seemed like he was only paying attention to that part.

Most people IO's deal with are visitors, whom usually get a 6 months stay. Even if the IO was thinking that you were a tourist, why would he put 2 weeks on your passport?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago- Ohare

I did not notice it while there. I found out once I reached home. But its not a big deal, just another careless inspection incidence. He swiped the card and it seemed like he was only paying attention to that part.

You sure it says 2 weeks? usually its a date..never weeks months etc...that can be interpreted differently...

You sure it says 2 weeks? usually its a date..never weeks months etc...that can be interpreted differently...

Yes want! come on man I am sure that it says 2 wks. I looked at it and looked at it with laughter... I mean is there anything else imaginable except that I/O was halucinating at the time (probably havent' taken a break in 12 hrs or something)... :eek: :D

last january i entered through dulles airport, the officer forgot to stamp my RP, i discovered that when i went to pick up my suitcase, i have to come back
to him and aske him to stamp my RP, HE was very nice guy, and stamped my RP

I just came back from Switzerland two days ago. The IO at JFK did not even stamp my RTD; he just swiped my GC and asked two routine questions. I don't think the stamping on your RP means anything.

BTW, no entry or exit stamp from Switzerland either. I did not apply for a visa.

Lazer, my friend, maybe you're confused, I came through OHare last week and the officer asked me for how long were you out of the US, my response was 2 weeks and he wrote it down by the ADMITTED stamp, I think is mainly for naturlization purposes to make it easier at that point.

Don't you think that's the confusion? Sometimes you're so scared in front of the IO that you don't hear what they ask/say. :p

Lazer, my friend, maybe you're confused, I came through OHare last week and the officer asked me for how long were you out of the US, my response was 2 weeks and he wrote it down by the ADMITTED stamp, I think is mainly for naturlization purposes to make it easier at that point.

Don't you think that's the confusion? Sometimes you're so scared in front of the IO that you don't hear what they ask/say. :p

Excellent point Flashington!! this must mean that I stayed outside for two weeks (which I did). The confusion was created because he wrote this on the space for "admitted until".
but very good point though. I don't know how come no forum member noticed that.
(by the way: I was not scared at all while in front of I/O.. never!!!):)

Funny, or sad because I have never gotten any stamp in my RP. Everytime I came back to the States, they didn't stamp the RP.
Later they will ask me to go and comeback again to stamp my RP