GC Gender Error

Malaya

Hi
I came to US in L1-A visa and filed GC in EB1 category.I received my GC yesterday.But unfortunately Gender is wrong in the card for both myself and my wife.
Now I have to fill I-90 form but as I was checking in different forums it may take several months (6-8) to get a replacement card.My L1-A visa expires by Apr-2015, so also EAD.My question is will it be a problem to continue in this country after my visa expires and I may not have received the replacement card by then?
Also can my spouse work in these conditions? Bit nervous,Expecting an early reply.

Thanks
Malaya

First of all, you are a permanent resident and you don't have nonimmigrant status anymore and cannot use nonimmigrant visas anymore. So forget about those.

When you file I-90, you can make an Infopass appointment to get an I-551 stamp in your passport. I-551 = green card, and is equivalent to the plastic card for all purposes.

My daughter got her GC back in 2004 and stated sex as "M".

We didn't bother to get it changed and went in and out of the country on several trips. We were never questioned, however, if we would have been questioned, we would have acted surprised.

She went through the naturalization process and was never picked up either and her naturalization certificate shows "F"