GC for sister, AOS for her son under 21

hemant1

I applied for my sister's GC under P4 category. She lives in India and her priority date is current now. She has an under 21 years old son who is studying in US.

As she files the paperwork and appears for the medical checkups to prepare for the GC interview in India, how should we process her son's paperwork. Should he come to India (take a break from school) and appear in the interview with his mother or can he do a AOS while in US. If he can do the later when should he do that, after his mother gets the GC and arrives in US?

If he's legally in the US and eligible, then he can file an Folllow-To-Join AOS once the mother enters the US, or he can appear at the interview in India. How old is he?

I think he should be able to file I-485 while in US, based on approved I-130, once his mother is granted Immigrant visa.

He can pursue AOS in the US, but cannot file for AOS until after his mother enters the US with an immigrant visa.

However, he doesn't have to wait for his mother's arrival to go for the I-693 medical. He should get that done ASAP so he'll have the results in hand before his mother arrives in the US.