GC for parents via CP - Feedback Request

PEARLJAM

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I recently became a US citizen in May 2008. I wish to apply for GCs for my mom and dad. I want to do this via consular processing (CP) even though they're currently in the US on visitor visas for a number of reasons such as cost differences between the two processes and healthcare checkups that they require in India (dad had angioplasty recently in March 2008 and mom had dental work in April 2008).

Now, while I was filling the I-130 form, it asks about I-94 details and there is a section at the end of the form where I have to specify AOS or CP via a consulate in India (in our case: New Delhi, India) and this section has me confused! I'm confused because since they've been in the US since May 2008 and have valid I-94s they're obviously eligilble for AOS but I want to go via the CP route for them.

Please advise! Can I specify their I-94 details (expiring on 11/05/2008) on the I-130 and still send this form today, while they're in the US, indicating CP? They'll definitely be back in New Delhi, India by 11/05/2008.

PearlJam

Thanks for the quick response. I know I have to specify their address in India on the form but on the first page it also asks for such address information about the relative and since they're here right now, do I write the US address or the indian address?

Ideally, should I apply via the I-130 when they return to New Delhi, India or should I do it right now while they're in the US indicating CP instead of AOS?

PearlJam